Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #2,026 of 12,974
Which makes me wonder if the Empyrean might sound too laid back and relaxed over time, and you might want a little more spark and jump that you now realize isn't there.

OR....perhaps it's presentation will always remain musical and satisfying....and no headphone will ever be all things to all people.
the former in my case

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #2,027 of 12,974
The later quote sounds accurate. They are musical and satisfying to my ears, but that means nothing to the next person. We as people all hear different... at least this is what I think is true :wink: And it’s a guess what anything may sound like until you try it on your own setup as well as a few others for good reference. Usually any audio show would never do justice to a pair of headphones.

One guy mentioned “wrangling” his big ears into the empyreans and it dawned on me that even these headphones with moderately roomy ear pads will not fit everyone and not work for everyone. But I understand the design concept to improve sound quality. It’s like being a basketball player and jumping into a tiny two seater sports car. Just doesn’t work for everyone.
that guy was me. :relaxed: the apertures in the ear pads are narrow by design, i think. the leather ear pads enveloped my ears in a way that i've not encountered with other headphones, but it was comfortable. the ear pads are very soft.

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #2,028 of 12,974
Seems like the reviews so far for the Empyrean are favorable, but how does it compare with other headphones in the $2500+ range?

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #2,030 of 12,974
https://www.headfonia.com/blog-2018-awards/2/

"Best Headphone (Price no objection): Meze Audio Empyrean"

"The headphone of the year award maybe is the one people are looking forward to most and this year it goes to the Meze Audio Empyrean! What a headphone Meze Audio have come up with! A new King is born and this is a headphone everyone will still be talking about in 20 years. The Empyrean just is incredibly good and it checks all my boxes, and then some. We’re pretty spoiled when it comes to good gear and good headphones, but this is one is extra special. Just listen to it with a good amp at home or in your office and I bet a lot of you will join #TeamEmpyrean right away. What a masterpiece."

Congratulations @MezeTeam !

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #2,037 of 12,974
What would you say are the sound characteristics of that cable? I will be looking for something full bodied and not bright or thin sounding.
Not to beat a dead horse, but...

Remember that cables are passive devices. All they can do is filter. They can't add anything to the sound.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #2,039 of 12,974
Not to beat a dead horse, but...

Remember that cables are passive devices. All they can do is filter. They can't add anything to the sound.

You can beat that that horse all you want but I’m sorry you don’t hear the difference in cables.

With that said, let’s not get the debate on the subject as this thread will go downhill really quick as it always does when people discuss cables or component break-in.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #2,040 of 12,974
Surely if ppl are talking about cables then the headphone isn't good enough yes?

Pail, don’t you think it’s time to move on? You’ve already made your point that you don’t care for headphones in general and so you’re not adding anything to the conversation of this thread.

However with that said, since you like speakers, what if you were looking for cables for your speakers? Obviously you would have to pick a cable for your speakers. So how do you choose? I guess just buy the cheapest one you can as the speaker will do it all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back