Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Oct 19, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #12,107 of 12,974
Oct 19, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #12,108 of 12,974
Whenever I try the Elite I have to realise that I am missing the warm lush presentation of the Epyrean more than I am missing the last details when listening to the Empyrean - with most of the music I am listening to.

When I have heard the Empy first time with the Rockna Wavelight in the chain I said "Oh, tons of details, who needs more?"

I am enjoying this one right now:

Listen to "Titok" by Ferenc Snétberger on Qobuz https://open.qobuz.com/track/39618438

Oct 19, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #12,110 of 12,974
Completely agree, music is not just about details, emotion plays such an important role, and the Empyrean have plenty
I agree. For the most part I much prefer the Audeze Lcd-2c of the lcd-x. I do think I would prefer the Empyrean over the Elite.

Oct 20, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #12,114 of 12,974
Hey old friends,

I just came back to the Empyrean tonight (with Elite pads !) after a 3 month Hifiman Arya Stealth odyssey. That is a ****in great headphone.

But oh man, it's so nice to come back to the Empyrean. I hadn't had a lot of time with the Elite pads prior and they were... different, increasing the detail at a cost of the bass lushness, so I was mixed about them.

I came back tonight and I jammed with them then listened to Crinacle's possibly imfamous video:

Where, he's brutally correct-ish about them and I generally understand where he's coming from on sound signature descriptions b/c of his lists...

I realized if you want to look for smoothness (and lack of resolution... slightly) in the mids you will find it, but just not focusing on that, and listening to them, I am like yeah, those 2 headphones do things the other cannnot do and both shine doing it.

I love the Empyrean, it's a great headphone. I just hope it has a long life.

Oct 20, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #12,117 of 12,974
Don't. Buy a different headphone instead. There's a world outside Meze that deserves your ear.
While there certainly are headphones outside of Meze that deserve an audition, so does the Elite.
He shouldn't just dismiss them because someone prefered the Empyrean over it

Oct 20, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #12,118 of 12,974
One more thing these headphones truly excel at is the comfort…OMG! you only realise that when you switch to other headphones, the Empy (and the Elite, I’m sure) are just made for my ears: they stay in place for hours, they are light enough, they have great sealing and that’s probably why they also offer such a thunderous bass. I have received the Atrium yesterday and despite not being incredibly uncomfortable there's too much faffing around for my liking to keep them on my ears

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #12,120 of 12,974
Maybe too bad to hear for me that the Empyrean can be equal to the Elite, as I own the Empyrean, I would like to upgrade my HP next year, and my eye is on the Elite, but I haven’t heard the Elite yet, so hopefully my ears are different.
Do not worry. Elite is definitely an upgrade. You get more details without becoming harsh, there is an airy feeling in the songs with it.
Both HP sounds gorgeous on MHA200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back