Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jan 26, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #11,732 of 12,974
The Rai Penta is the most comfortable earphone I have ever used.
Personally I would like it to have just a more warm signature (but that's just my personal taste).
Some people think of it as too warm but I tend to agree with you.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #11,733 of 12,974
BRUTAL COMBINATION..Waiting the Meze Silver Cable for closing Ring

3FC8864E-3711-477C-BAEE-6939460569B6.jpeg

best regards

Sisco

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #11,735 of 12,974
Jan 26, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #11,736 of 12,974
I'm especially interested in the effect of the fuses.

Today I switched back from the Elite to the Empyrean. Certainly both worth keeping!

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #11,737 of 12,974
The Meze Copper cable arrived. It's a beautiful sight to behold. I submitted a request to the global powers that be to make it the 8th wonder of the world. In the meanwhile, I had a quick listen. Initial thoughts are very positive. The entire Empy experience is elevated with this cable: aesthetics, resolution, separation, stage, bass etc. and there's a a noticeably improved cohesiveness to the sound which I did not expect. I'm convinced I'm approaching the pinnacle of what the Empy is capable of delivering - and it is quite stunning.

Meze Copper Cable.jpg

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #11,738 of 12,974
The Meze Copper cable arrived. It's a beautiful sight to behold. I submitted a request to the global powers that be to make it the 8th wonder of the world. In the meanwhile, I had a quick listen. Initial thoughts are very positive. The entire Empy experience is elevated with this cable: aesthetics, resolution, separation, stage, bass etc. and there's a a noticeably improved cohesiveness to the sound which I did not expect. I'm convinced I'm approaching the pinnacle of what the Empy is capable of delivering - and it is quite stunning.

Meze Copper Cable.jpg

May I know why did you choose the copper cable instead of the Silver one ?

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #11,739 of 12,974
May I know why did you choose the copper cable instead of the Silver one ?
Pricing - this was not a cheap purchase after import and customs etc. - but also I was a bit concerned silver would change it's warm character too much. Now that I hear how fantastic this copper cable sounds, I will most likely buy the silver cable down the line when budget allows (as always there are many audio items fighting for their share of the budget).

Jan 27, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #11,740 of 12,974
They are beautifully made. The silver looks like a piece of jewellery. Goes nicely with the Oyaide FTVS-510 BNC's... very..... silver :)

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #11,741 of 12,974
The silver cable looks stunning - and I will own it one day. For the moment, the copper cable is perfection. It is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the ear and soul, and it's as close to not having a cable as I have experienced.. such is the masterful workmanship. For someone like me who enjoys a warm signature without having to sacrifice detail (i.e. with still enough detail to not yearn for more), I simply cannot recommend the copper cable highly enough. If you're on the fence, I can confirm that the upgrade in SQ across the board is not subtle. I questioned this spend as it was not cheap given that I would like to stay (happily) married.. but any concerns I had melted as soon as I plugged it in and played some music.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #11,742 of 12,974
Spent a few more hours with the Meze copper cable. Honestly, I wish everyone could have the experience of listening to the Empy with this cable. It is a remarkable experience so far improved from the experience with the OG cable that I consider it a different headphone. It transforms the Empy in every way and I would highly recommend it to any Empy owner. It is not cheap - I struggled to justify the price - but I can now say that it is worth every cent.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #11,743 of 12,974
Appreciate my Empyrean Copper every single day
lph79MS.jpg

Cs1rbEp.jpg

Jan 29, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #11,744 of 12,974
Spent a few more hours with the Meze copper cable. Honestly, I wish everyone could have the experience of listening to the Empy with this cable. It is a remarkable experience so far improved from the experience with the OG cable that I consider it a different headphone. It transforms the Empy in every way and I would highly recommend it to any Empy owner. It is not cheap - I struggled to justify the price - but I can now say that it is worth every cent.
When I first got the Empyrean I didn't know what cable to get, and Eletech was on introductory discount at Bloom, so got their Prudence (unbalanced) & Fortitude (balanced).

Learning a lot more about cabling, wish to get a pure copper and pure silver in the future, but a thicker option, like 16-core or whatever the right terminology is.

Until such time, I honestly mainly use Hart Audio, the Eletech are way too short for any relaxing use. And need to save up big-time for intended dream cables. 🦇

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #11,745 of 12,974
Appreciate my Empyrean Copper every single day
lph79MS.jpg

Cs1rbEp.jpg
Wow, such clarity and detail. And a healthy amount of warmth. Looking at these I'm quite glad I can unwrap mine at any point to go back to OG status, the simplicity is unbeatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back