Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Aug 24, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #10,786 of 12,974
do we even know definitively if the Elite will be a higher end model than the Empyreans? Or, might the Elite be one step below the Empyreans?

so confused. Elite makes it sound like it is meant to be the top-of-the-line, then again, empyrean would be the height of the heavens or something to that effect, so which is meant to be the top model?
Go back just a few pages and you can read what we have shared re this topic/question

Aug 24, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #10,787 of 12,974
16 minutes ago..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824-151416_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210824-151416_Instagram.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 24, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #10,790 of 12,974
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #10,791 of 12,974
Just a speculation from my point of view.

The new Meze will be called Meze Elite (not Elite Empyrean) and it will be a closed back headphone that is around 1.5k new. It would more sense to me, to release headphone that uses technology from the Empyrean and trickle it down to a more affordable model rather than replace their flagship with a slightly tweaked version.

Pure speculation, not a single clue what is happening really, so let's see how wrong I am. :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #10,792 of 12,974

The new Meze will be called Meze Elite (not Elite Empyrean) and it will be a closed back headphone that is around 1.5k new. It would more sense to me, to release headphone that uses technology from the Empyrean and trickle it down to a more affordable model rather than replace their flagship with a slightly tweaked version.

Pure speculation, not a single clue what is happening really, so let's see how wrong I am. :)
As mentioned earlier by @Lokiiami, the closed back seems to have a different headband though... We will know soon enough..

1629813971380.png

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #10,793 of 12,974

Food for thought.

What if this new release isn't the only New Meze product?
The released picture looks like an Empyrean in different color, so this should be open back.
The teasered "Dark Mystery" looks just like an Empyrean with special skin as well, but has differences in the sound Departement according to the description.
Also "replace Empyrean" is unlikely, probably more of an He1000 -> Susvara or LCD-3 -> LCD-4 progression

The other leaked pictures look like they might include a closed back in the background though

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #10,796 of 12,974
Food for thought.

What if this new release isn't the only New Meze product?
The released picture looks like an Empyrean in different color, so this should be open back.
The teasered "Dark Mystery" looks just like an Empyrean with special skin as well, but has differences in the sound Departement according to the description.
Also "replace Empyrean" is unlikely, probably more of an He1000 -> Susvara or LCD-3 -> LCD-4 progression

The other leaked pictures look like they might include a closed back in the background though
Yes, I expect two new headphones. But a simultaneous launch is unlikely imo, from a business/marketing perspective. The one teased today looks like an open back to me. Which would mean the closed will be released later.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #10,797 of 12,974
They need to have distinct segment for their new products. I think it's more likely that they will do a model that isn't top end but something between Empy and 99. I am also not inclined to believe that a small company like Meze, would release two new products. Also, I am hesitant to believe that they would put out higher end model from Empyrean since Antonio has said that the Empyrean represents the best headphone already and I think there is a bigger risk involved in releasing 5 kilobuck monster vs one kilobuck model.

Just my thoughts :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #10,798 of 12,974
Wherever they may release I am proud of them.
I am from Romania myself.
Romania has some big players in the audio game with Meze and Rockna.
Half my audio gear is german the other Half romanian...

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #10,800 of 12,974
Wonder why my Instagram doesn't have that picture that you posted? I also follow meze audio.

Might be on Antonio's instagram page, his personal one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back