Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Aug 22, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #10,771 of 12,974
Wouldn't the name "Elite" imply it will be likely a top model?
Not at all.
Could be a more "portable" one, too.

Isn't the name "Empyrean", ääh, describing something empyreal?? :smile: :ksc75smile:

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #10,772 of 12,974
Just stumbled in here today, doing a little research on the Meze premium silver cables vs Moon Audio Silver Dragon. Does anyone have any experience with both? Or either?

And then I see the EE chatter. I saw the picture on IG in May and now I know it's coming soon. That's fortunate for me since my window to buy opens in December. Neat.

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #10,773 of 12,974
Just stumbled in here today, doing a little research on the Meze premium silver cables vs Moon Audio Silver Dragon. Does anyone have any experience with both? Or either?

And then I see the EE chatter. I saw the picture on IG in May and now I know it's coming soon. That's fortunate for me since my window to buy opens in December. Neat.

All I know is that the Moon Audio Silver Dragon had no effect on the sound of a HD650 compared to a bunch of other cables:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/how...ke-a-difference.481385/page-137#post-15956252

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #10,775 of 12,974
Empyrean_All-Black_HC-Edition-3.jpg
Empyrean_All-Black_HC-Edition-1.jpg

Not sure how long Meze already used those Marketing shots.
The Empyrean does look amazing with the LTA Microzotl 3 though.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #10,776 of 12,974
Empyrean_All-Black_HC-Edition-3.jpgEmpyrean_All-Black_HC-Edition-1.jpg

The LTA MZ3 is a tremendous hpa. I love it!

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #10,777 of 12,974
Question for those who listened to Meze Empyrean with Burson Audio Conductor 3X Reference.
Tell me if you’re listening at a high gain level, Meze Empyrean via Neutrik XLR. Is there background noise or not?
Thank you!
I can't even listen to the Empyreans on the Conductor 3X Ref. at high gain. The volume boosts to intolerable levels starting literally at "1".
Hope that helps...
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #10,778 of 12,974
Does anyone have the silver meze upgrade cable and could compare it to silver cables of Norne and Arctic cables?

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #10,779 of 12,974
Empyrean_All-Black_HC-Edition-3.jpgEmpyrean_All-Black_HC-Edition-1.jpg

@ThanatosVI:

iirc, this version of the Empyreans is the German-only all-black version made for sale at one specific store in Germany.

i saw that shortly after buying mine in the US (standard Empyreans) and wished i had known about these, albeit at a higher cost and some inconvenience as they would have to be shipped quite a distance.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #10,780 of 12,974
@ThanatosVI:

iirc, this version of the Empyreans is the German-only all-black version made for sale at one specific store in Germany.

i saw that shortly after buying mine in the US (standard Empyreans) and wished i had known about these, albeit at a higher cost and some inconvenience as they would have to be shipped quite a distance.
Yeah they are sold at headphone.shop which used to be headphone company.
This is the official distributor for Meze in germany.

The all Black Version is my favourite, unfortunately it was released After I aquired my Empyrean.
For the next release this won't Happen again...

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #10,781 of 12,974
Does anyone have the silver meze upgrade cable and could compare it to silver cables of Norne and Arctic cables?

All I know is that the Moon Audio Silver Dragon had no effect on the sound of a HD650 compared to a bunch of other cables:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/how...ke-a-difference.481385/page-137#post-15956252
I asked something similar a couple days ago.

There's also this.....

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #10,782 of 12,974
Question for those who listened to Meze Empyrean with Burson Audio Conductor 3X Reference.
Tell me if you’re listening at a high gain level, Meze Empyrean via Neutrik XLR. Is there background noise or not?
Thank you!
Usually using high gain, volume 1. Some recordings require to go some tick up, today it was 10. I tend to turn volume to 0 before powering it off or changing HP, it was boring to turn always 40-60 ticks up and down in low gain.
When it is very silent around, typically at night, I can hear humming noise (50 Hz) with the Empyrean. Does not matter if low or high gain, once I notice, it is always there, even at volume 0. The hum disappears when I touch the front panel. Same on XLR as on SE.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #10,783 of 12,974
Yeah they are sold at headphone.shop which used to be headphone company.
This is the official distributor for Meze in germany.

The all Black Version is my favourite, unfortunately it was released After I aquired my Empyrean.
For the next release this won't Happen again...

@ThanatosVI:

may i ask how one might be able to ensure that "this won't happen again..." in the future?

both you and i bought our Empyreans prior to finding out about the all-black version, so if we didn't find out yet, and bought model "x", how would we know what might be coming out AFTER we bought ours, may i ask?

in my case, i only bought my Empyreans around November 2020, so the all-black version has already been introduced, it was just that i didn't find out about this single-store version until AFTER i purchased my black with copper rod version. sigh.

i think part of the attraction, to me at least, of the all-black version is that from the pictures, it looks like the all-black version is more matte finished than my own black with copper rod version. i wonder if that's true in real life, or was it merely due to the photography?

Aug 23, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #10,785 of 12,974
There's that "black mystery" version coming out, probably of the "Elite" since they are saying that it has a "completely different sound".
do we even know definitively if the Elite will be a higher end model than the Empyreans? Or, might the Elite be one step below the Empyreans?

so confused. Elite makes it sound like it is meant to be the top-of-the-line, then again, empyrean would be the height of the heavens or something to that effect, so which is meant to be the top model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back