Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 19, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #7,787 of 12,974
She said unlimited budget. Let's recommend her a abyss Diana phi tc :gs1000smile::beerchug:

Edit: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/sennhe...hpCfw0ahf0hlu7KYKDOsGCEP2EDjruJhoCtLMQAvD_BwE

Better than Empyrean. Pretty sure I won't offend anyone here
You do.
Hey, do not mess up everything here!
1. You recommend an Abyss, and link a Sennheiser HE1?! (Btw on the first picture on the site I thought I see a blood analyzer machine).
But that is a no go, it can not give a velvety planar bass, while it is an electrostat!

2. As far as I know Abyss Diana phy tc does not exist. Either Diana phy or AB-1266 TC. The AB-1266 is neither beautiful nor comfortable. The Diana was not fitting to my head at all.

So no recommendation on any of them from my side.

3. Nobody mentioned unlimited budget. You can check it yourself.
:o2smile: :o2smile: :o2smile: :beerchug:

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #7,789 of 12,974
... just added some more songs like Emma Ruth Rundle "Heaven". Thank you for that again :o2smile:
... which led me to this:

The Nocturnes are Emma Ruth Rundle’s early project/collaboration.

Sep 20, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #7,790 of 12,974
... which led me to this:

The Nocturnes are Emma Ruth Rundle’s early project/collaboration.

And then to this:

Listening on H2g0 ==> Hedd. Hedd are great for atmospheric slowcore.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #7,791 of 12,974
I was originally going to go for an Abyss 1266 Phi TC but let's be real. I'm a female with a small head. Also prone to headaches sometimes and don't want to sit here with anything straining my dainty neck muscles too much, hahaha.

In all seriousness, I do want an Abyss, but I'm being hopeful that one day a Diana Phi TC will come out. Or that Abyss figures out how to put this wonderful tech into something that doesn't look like a medieval torture device.

Alright you guys, you've convinced me. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Empyrean. Even with the flaws it had, I've missed it a lot and my amps/dacs have already improved tremendously since I last owned it, so, I am going to hope that what I experienced was a fluke.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #7,792 of 12,974
Sep 20, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #7,793 of 12,974
I was originally going to go for an Abyss 1266 Phi TC but let's be real. I'm a female with a small head. Also prone to headaches sometimes and don't want to sit here with anything straining my dainty neck muscles too much, hahaha.

In all seriousness, I do want an Abyss, but I'm being hopeful that one day a Diana Phi TC will come out. Or that Abyss figures out how to put this wonderful tech into something that doesn't look like a medieval torture device.

Alright you guys, you've convinced me. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Empyrean. Even with the flaws it had, I've missed it a lot and my amps/dacs have already improved tremendously since I last owned it, so, I am going to hope that what I experienced was a fluke.

Did you try Mysphère 3.2 ? Very weird headphones but it seems that they sound awesome and are very comfortable!

French language sorry

Sorry for off topic :relaxed:

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #7,795 of 12,974
Any cable company without free return is just selling snakeoil and also don't believe in themselves.
In Forza's defense, their asking prices are completely fair for the quality you're getting. They make their cables by hand and to the customer's desired specs, so a lot of work goes into making each cable and having lots of customers returning their cables is a big financial concern for such a small company. It's not always easy to sell a B-stock cable when there is so much variability in each cable they make.

I personally don't believe in high-end cables making substantial differences in sound. I don't have golden ears so I won't deny the possibility of others hearing differences that I don't hear. I've got both the Copper (4.4mm) and Silver (XLR4) upgrade cables for my Empyrean, and a Forza Audioworks Noir Mk2 pigtail for converting XLR4 to 6.3mm TRS. Comparing those cables (including the stock Empy cable) is not easy since they all have different terminations, but I've never felt that the stock cable is somehow inferior or even just different in its sound compared to the other cables across a range of different source gear. The Forza pigtail I've got doesn't seem to affect the sound in any way other than the different amp outputs sounding different, while a few cheap pigtails I got from AliExpress had a very noticeable effect on the sound, and not for the better.

So overall, I can only say from my experience and from people I've talked to that Forza Audioworks sells good cables for great pices. If not taking returns is how they keep their prices low, I would say that's not unreasonable at all.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #7,797 of 12,974
In Forza's defense, their asking prices are completely fair for the quality you're getting. They make their cables by hand and to the customer's desired specs, so a lot of work goes into making each cable and having lots of customers returning their cables is a big financial concern for such a small company. It's not always easy to sell a B-stock cable when there is so much variability in each cable they make.

I personally don't believe in high-end cables making substantial differences in sound. I don't have golden ears so I won't deny the possibility of others hearing differences that I don't hear. I've got both the Copper (4.4mm) and Silver (XLR4) upgrade cables for my Empyrean, and a Forza Audioworks Noir Mk2 pigtail for converting XLR4 to 6.3mm TRS. Comparing those cables (including the stock Empy cable) is not easy since they all have different terminations, but I've never felt that the stock cable is somehow inferior or even just different in its sound compared to the other cables across a range of different source gear. The Forza pigtail I've got doesn't seem to affect the sound in any way other than the different amp outputs sounding different, while a few cheap pigtails I got from AliExpress had a very noticeable effect on the sound, and not for the better.

So overall, I can only say from my experience and from people I've talked to that Forza Audioworks sells good cables for great pices. If not taking returns is how they keep their prices low, I would say that's not unreasonable at all.
Magnepan offers their LRS speakers for a 60 day trial.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #7,798 of 12,974
Magnepan offers their LRS speakers for a 60 day trial.
That's a much larger company with much more financial headroom to allow (extended) trial periods. Forza Audioworks is a small business, that makes it a lot more complicated.

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #7,800 of 12,974
Which one stands to lose a lot more financially upon a return?
That depends on the sales numbers, the margin of loss/profit on a returned item and their financial reserves. The financial impact of allowing returns is much greater for small businesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back