Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 8, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #5,373 of 12,975
Get the aries g2...it is the best price out there for what it does..
May be but its like $4K. I would rather spend that to get Metrum Pavane DAC.
I can get very good Pi HAT and LPS for like $500 to $600 and get all the output raging from AES to I2S. BNC to RCA
Pi2AES board is like $150 and DIGIONE Signature is like $250 and good LPS will cost another $200 to $300. Still better value for money.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #5,374 of 12,975
May be but its like $4K. I would rather spend that to get Metrum Pavane DAC.
I can get very good Pi HAT and LPS for like $500 to $600 and get all the output raging from AES to I2S. BNC to RCA
Pi2AES board is like $150 and DIGIONE Signature is like $250 and good LPS will cost another $200 to $300. Still better value for money.
Well you can get second hand now...or demo cheaper this days i think...anyway its cheaper than other alternatives out there. and still smoke the most off them...you must pay much more to get g2 soundquality...yust my 2 cents.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #5,379 of 12,975
Burn in wont be a dramatic change with the Empyrean... I did notice the sound relaxed a bit and separation of instruments did improve some after listening time/ burn in.
I agree, nothing dramatic. The sound gets a bit more relaxed especially the treble. The bigger part of burn in happens in the brain.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #5,380 of 12,975
I haven't noticed any change yet, not sure how long I've been listening. I noticed when I first got my headphones my brain had to adjust when I changed from one to another, but not anymore. My mind knows their sound signature. Just received Diana V2 and I'm going to have to learn their sound sig..

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #5,381 of 12,975
I haven't noticed any change yet, not sure how long I've been listening. I noticed when I first got my headphones my brain had to adjust when I changed from one to another, but not anymore. My mind knows their sound signature. Just received Diana V2 and I'm going to have to learn their sound sig..
We will need to hear some comparisons between Empy and Diana V2. Thanks. :)

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #5,382 of 12,975
I'll start by saying the Empy is still comfort king. Bass at this point still to the Empy. The bass on the Diana is detailed, but I gotta find some good bass tracks with rumble in them. Also these need some warm up as the temp outside is freezing. I notice after shipping headphones sound better after a day.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #5,383 of 12,975
We will need to hear some comparisons between Empy and Diana V2. Thanks. :)

There is a comparison on Headfonics with the Abyss Diana Phi to Empyrean. The V2 may have some tonal similarities to its bigger brother.
In conclusion, the Empyrean is more forgiving and more euphonic the lowend of empyrean has a lot more body and more richness with vocals.
Phi is more neutral and has better detailed airy treble.

https://headfonics.com/2019/05/abyss-headphones-diana-phi-review/3/

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #5,384 of 12,975
Empy is more full bodied. I was glad that the v2 driver was updated and better pads on it. The Diana is clean all the way through but there is a spike that I sometimes hear. Low end bass is there except it sounds different then on the Empy. There's good width imaging sound is more in front then around. Once I pay all my headphone debt off I'd think about getting the big ugly one. lol

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #5,385 of 12,975
So listening to hard hitting trance and the Diana doesn't disappoint. Though nowhere near the Empy on same song. So that's it for bass. Now let them break in a bit. See what happens in the future.

Even better bass on my ZMF Pendant

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back