Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Jan 12, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #1,351 of 1,495
Give me an example please
For quite some time my favourite combo was Empyrean out of A&K Kann Cube. I was using a Forza Audio Noir Hybrid HPC between them.
I really loved that sound.
At some point I bought a Hiby R8. It had more linear sound than the Cube, and had more power. It was also more convenient to use it because it had a faster UI and was much faster ready after turning it on. But there was a problem for me - it had so strong punch at certain drum hits that it was causing pain in my ears, even when was not set extremely loud. I tried to mitigate that using low gain and no turbo.
At once the Forza HPC cable started to fall out of the HP sockets randomly due to some issues with the latching mechanism.
I bought a Norne Audio Vygarde (also copper and silver hybrid) cable out of curiosity. The strong punch painful hits were gone, without any significant change in other aspects of the sound. I could use high gain and turbo as well. From that moment I am mostly using the Norne cable. I have not sent back the Forza for repair (yet).

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #1,352 of 1,495
Hi there,
had the same problem at the beginning. Then I swaped the cable. Have tried the meze premium upgrade cables (copper, silver plated copper) with 4.4 balanced endings. Both were not to my liking. Finally, ended up with Lavricable "Grand". This put the Liric on a higher level sound- and detailwise. Gone was the treble harshness. "Grand" put the sound tweaks of the mids and highs in line. Btw. Iam using AK acro ca1000T in balanced and hybrid mode.
Hope this might be helpful.

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #1,353 of 1,495
I use the Null Audio Tiburon 8 core copper cables on mine. For some reason the Liric sounds way better on my Walkman than on the 320Max...

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #1,356 of 1,495
Any recommendations for a carry case for these ? As small as possible
I searched a lot… but unfortunately I think the case that they came with is the smallest case possible.

It has something to do with the fact that they don’t fold flat — they fold at an angle, meaning they have to take more space than a flat-folding headphone.

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #1,357 of 1,495
I searched a lot… but unfortunately I think the case that they came with is the smallest case possible.

It has something to do with the fact that they don’t fold flat — they fold at an angle, meaning they have to take more space than a flat-folding headphone.
Thanks, I think using a pouch could also be ok but I am not sure they will survive

Feb 16, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #1,361 of 1,495

These in dimension are about as close to the 99 Classics as is possible. I know because I hated the case these come with and first thing I did was experiment with the only other existing case I had at hand at the time. I even hate the pouch system Meze has been going with as of late, and the cables fit perfectly in the 99 Classics zipper pouch as well. I can essentially forevermore ditch the stock containers & go with something more portable and to my liking. 🎧🖖🏽🏕️
Screenshot_20240216_172636_Gallery.png

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #1,363 of 1,495
Random question, but is the Liric being discontinued? The Meze website underwent a major update today and the Liric is no longer listed. Maybe this means a Liric 2 is being announced?
Very good question. I'm surprised if that's the case, since they're pretty new and were great headphones, and relatively new as well. Curious that perhaps they forgot to build the Liric page on the website lol and it will show up soon.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #1,364 of 1,495
Very good question. I'm surprised if that's the case, since they're pretty new and were great headphones, and relatively new as well. Curious that perhaps they forgot to build the Liric page on the website lol and it will show up soon.

That is a good possibility. I recently purchased the Empyrean before the Empyrean 2 was announced. I also purchased the Liric through the Meze website in February as a self-birthday gift (could not pass up the free premium cable package). So if they do end up announcing a Liric 2, just let me know which headphones to buy next. Maybe the Sennheiser HD800S lol.

Edit: I do see some nice photos of the Liric in the rotating ads so hmm.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #1,365 of 1,495
Edit: I do see some nice photos of the Liric in the rotating ads so hmm.
It's there in the description of Closed backs, but not as a product like It's the case with Elite for open backs.

Anyway, I asked my dealer what's up with the Liric, since it's friday evening I probably have to wait till tomorrow when I meet him

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back