MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Feb 4, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #5,521 of 5,664
Which DAC was the winner for you?

Tuning wise, Wavedream gave me bigger grin on my face. It felt like I can experienced the music itself better, with more "grooving" quality. In term of detail, speed, pin point imaging and soundstage Bartok Apex wins.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #5,523 of 5,664
Any idea if an elite 2 is going to follow the empyrean 2?
Only Meze knows, at some point maybe.

On the other hand the Elite didn't have any glaring "weaknesses" to improve upon. So maybe not.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #5,524 of 5,664
The main thing I'd like out of an Elite 2 is the availability of a default tonality for at least one of the pads that more competitively appeals to more neutral listeners while maintaining the comfort, large amount of internal pad space, and the exceptional bass distortion and extension of the hybrid pads. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mez...eadphone-official-thread.959445/post-17743502 (post #5,152) showed how the current Elite hybrid and angled Alcantara pads compare to my personal neutral EQ, the Sennheiser HE-1, and my in-ear neutral speaker measurements.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #5,526 of 5,664
Been parted with my Elite for around a month, and now I'm back.

I always like Olivia Rodrigo, and her new album (GUTS) sound truly sublime with Elite! I listened this album almost everyday since 3 weeks ago with my Caldera. While it's definitely sound enjoyable, with Elite it's just one notch above it. The combination of more rounded notes with bigger soundstage on Elite become the winner for these particular songs.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #5,527 of 5,664
For Elite 2 I would hope more speed in the element. This is a bit of a drawback of planar elements in general, rock, especially hard metal guitars sound a bit mashed with planars. Diana V2 was good with rock, but had other major flaws that made me sell it. After hearing CA-1a and SR-1b performance I knew that there is a possibility to do guitars with a solid performance. Still love my Elites :)

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #5,528 of 5,664
For Elite 2 I would hope more speed in the element. This is a bit of a drawback of planar elements in general, rock, especially hard metal guitars sound a bit mashed with planars. Diana V2 was good with rock, but had other major flaws that made me sell it. After hearing CA-1a and SR-1b performance I knew that there is a possibility to do guitars with a solid performance. Still love my Elites :)
I'd much rather see an electrostat tuned and built by Meze, if speed is the Element to optimize.

Fun fact: Rinaro also has a ton of experience with electrostatic drivers.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #5,529 of 5,664
The big Phi TC if it wasn't such a brick 😉

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #5,530 of 5,664
I'd much rather see an electrostat tuned and built by Meze, if speed is the Element to optimize.

Fun fact: Rinaro also has a ton of experience with electrostatic drivers.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened one day. Too bad, electrostatic headphones don't really excite me personally. Sure, their speed and airiness are impressive, but for me they lack weight, impact, physicality, body. At least the Carbon and a few Stax models I tried were really not to my liking for this reason.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #5,531 of 5,664
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened one day. Too bad, electrostatic headphones don't really excite me personally. Sure, their speed and airiness are impressive, but for me they lack weight, impact, physicality, body. At least the Carbon and a few Stax models I tried were really not to my liking for this reason.
Isn't your Caldera yet more technical advanced than Elite?
Or just differently tuned?
I've heard it only once and am considering it at some point or eventually the upcoming Caldera Closed

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #5,532 of 5,664
Isn't your Caldera yet more technical advanced than Elite?
Or just differently tuned?
I've heard it only once and am considering it at some point or eventually the upcoming Caldera Closed
I wouldn't say, one is more technically advanced than the other. They both have their strengths and portray music differently. In general, I would say they are technically on a similar level. Detail retrieval and resolution is similar (with AA pads on Elite). The Meze has larger soundstage and a softer, more laid-back sound. Caldera is faster, more energetic with better instrument separation and a thicker, more organic, more impactful sound with a more satisfying bass. At least to my ears. Both headphones can change quite significantly depending on earpads and audio chain.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #5,533 of 5,664
Raal is a ribbon driver, and they do release Immanis and Magna hp:s in the near future, but those are a bit too expensive for my liking. It would be interesting what meze could do with that technology tough.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #5,534 of 5,664
Raal is a ribbon driver, and they do release Immanis and Magna hp:s in the near future, but those are a bit too expensive for my liking. It would be interesting what meze could do with that technology tough.
I'd love to see a collab, because let's face it.
What Raal lacks the most is aesthetic and high end build, and that's coincidently the area in which Meze is brutally ahead of the game.

A Raal Ribbon driver in a Meze chassis, that sounds promising to say the least

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #5,535 of 5,664
I'd love to see a collab, because let's face it.
What Raal lacks the most is aesthetic and high end build, and that's coincidently the area in which Meze is brutally ahead of the game.

A Raal Ribbon driver in a Meze chassis, that sounds promising to say the least
That is an intriguing idea. I really liked the CA-1a when I auditioned it, but the chassis is indeed a bit DIY. Raal sound in Meze chassis could be a winner. Ribbon technology is the niche of the niche though and the separate energizer will also put off some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back