MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 26, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #3,362 of 5,587
It's been over two months since I bought Elites here on head-fi. It's great! I'm still discovering them. They produce much more details than people (including me) perceive during the initial listening session! Just not "straight into your ears." They are more relaxed, enabling me to enjoy them for hours, which I can't do with more typical summit-fi detailed HP. The tuning is really phenomenal. I'm so happy that Meze created Elites, even though I had to pay >3k € for them :p
Usually, I would be looking to buy new headphones at this time, haha. Instead, I sold Abyss 1266 Phi TCs. :beyersmile:

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #3,363 of 5,587
If someone has a silver based 4-pin xlr Elite cable they want to get rid of, pm me. Must be 7'+. Thanks.
They pop up in the Classifieds from time to time. That's where I got mine from...

Oct 27, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #3,364 of 5,587
It's been over two months since I bought Elites here on head-fi. It's great! I'm still discovering them. They produce much more details than people (including me) perceive during the initial listening session! Just not "straight into your ears." They are more relaxed, enabling me to enjoy them for hours, which I can't do with more typical summit-fi detailed HP. The tuning is really phenomenal. I'm so happy that Meze created Elites, even though I had to pay >3k € for them :p
Usually, I would be looking to buy new headphones at this time, haha. Instead, I sold Abyss 1266 Phi TCs. :beyersmile:
I agree, with Dianas and Aryas i knew i was going to sell them after a while, not with these. Now im looking to get an amp and my chain is complete. rme is the perfect dac, elite +adx5000 complete eachother (adx for daily use + guitars and elite for musical enjoyment) just my amp is "lacking" (okay it really is not, but it is the cheapest thing in my chain, so....) Im thinking Violectric v550/281/380/390

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #3,365 of 5,587
I agree, with Dianas and Aryas i knew i was going to sell them after a while, not with these. Now im looking to get an amp and my chain is complete. rme is the perfect dac, elite +adx5000 complete eachother (adx for daily use + guitars and elite for musical enjoyment) just my amp is "lacking" (okay it really is not, but it is the cheapest thing in my chain, so....) Im thinking Violectric v550/281/380/390

For SS option, I do really like Formula S with Elite. Burson GT also a good pairing. Haven't tried recent Violectric amps though.

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #3,366 of 5,587
For SS option, I do really like Formula S with Elite. Burson GT also a good pairing. Haven't tried recent Violectric amps though.
I'm using it with Violectric v550 and it's a great pairing. Generally, v550 is very universal, and pairs well with many headphones. It can drive virtually any headphone

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #3,367 of 5,587
I replaced my TCs with the Elites also. Definitely better for hours of enjoyment.

Oct 27, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #3,369 of 5,587
Grinding it out with my GSX Mini. Sounds absolutely incredible with DENAFRIPS dac. Always recommend this combo for listening pleasure. Sounds like a damn advertisement huh? :L3000:

Oct 28, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #3,372 of 5,587
Grinding it out with my GSX Mini. Sounds absolutely incredible with DENAFRIPS dac. Always recommend this combo for listening pleasure. Sounds like a damn advertisement huh? :L3000:
My upstairs office setup has Elite/Mini/Holo Spring KTE. A similar and fantastic combination. Elite really likes both GSX Mini and Mk2.

Oct 28, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #3,373 of 5,587
Cool to see other people on Head-fi that are not just following the herd
I think it starts off with following the herd, and/or following feedback of reviewers that you thought have similar tastes.

And then you begin to really hear and experience it for yourself and trust your ears more. And in the process, formulate your own opinion of “what the heck was this person/reviewer talking about”.

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #3,374 of 5,587
I agree with following the herd. I think most people here just want simple answers and use other peoples' opinions to decide what to buy and what to use, while in reality, everyone has different ears and tastes. And most of them are not aware of it :D But everyone starts with little experience, we all did. It requires years of experience, testing new headphones / amps / etc, understanding the differences, and your reactions, to overcome this.

About reviewers, there are some reviewers that I really like and respect but to assume that someone has similar tastes is very dangerous :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back