MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 22, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #3,331 of 5,614
Wow major flashback! Listening to old Kansas Masque like 45 years ago, sitting at the beach drinking beers and burning fatties, cranking up Kansas and Styx and well you remember right? These headphones are taking me on a sweet journey... Inza's Lonesome Coyote Saloon on Friday night O the shenanigans that happened there... headphones as time machine! Novel concept... different days, different times I guess.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #3,332 of 5,614
the Elites lean? Lean in the bass or mids?
One thing I noticed is that YT music videos overall compared to Tidal streaming are in many cases totally lacking in quality, which I did not hear so much with the 4z so go figure. With the Elites, if it is a really crappy recording, they tell you that loud and clear. When it is FLAC lossless mastered, the ambiance of the piece just shines right through.

I can imagine some people could find Elite lean sounding with not so good recording, especially on youtube. Based on theory, the warm sweet Elite should sound ok for Pink Venom by Blackpink, but the sound become bright, lean, edgy, and of course not Elite's fault.

When you carry the Elite in it, then you do carry something valuable. Literally.

i always think Elite's case is like something made by Rimowa

Oct 23, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #3,333 of 5,614
This is the second time I've withdrawn my classified listing for the Elite. Since I got the new Utopias, I've been enjoying them a lot, but I noticed that my enjoyment of the Elite has not decreased. They are different enough where I will reach for one or the other, depending on my mood. I still think Elite has one of the nicest most open sounding staging and the slightly euphonic warmth just makes you not want to take them off. The Utopia 2022 may beat it in almost every technicality, especially transients, dynamics, accuracy and neutrality, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for that and want to lay back and enjoy the music without overanalyzing. These are keepers for now...

Oct 24, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #3,336 of 5,614
Is anyone using an Eddie Current Studio B with their Elite?
I will be in a few days! My Elites (used, burned in I assume) arrive in a few days. Rig is Bryston cd transport AES >>Rockna WD SE/Eximus dp1>>Studio B w/ EML mesh 300b.
Fwiiw worth, the Studio powers the Ether 2s w/ ease, so Elites are gonna be more a matter of potential synergy in my rig I suppose. Looking forward to it.

Oct 24, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #3,337 of 5,614
I will be in a few days! My Elites (used, burned in I assume) arrive in a few days. Rig is Bryston cd transport AES >>Rockna WD SE/Eximus dp1>>Studio B w/ EML mesh 300b.
Fwiiw worth, the Studio powers the Ether 2s w/ ease, so Elites are gonna be more a matter of potential synergy in my rig I suppose. Looking forward to it.
Looking forward to your impressions.

Oct 24, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #3,339 of 5,614
Do Elites on a Woo Audio WA5-LE count? Cuz that's exactly what I'm running right now...

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #3,340 of 5,614
Afternoon all, I'm not sure if this really the done thing, but I'm looking for a second hand pair of the Elites in the UK. Been on the hunt for a while, but I'm not having much luck! If anyone is looking for a change I'd happily take them off your hands (very few seem to come up for sale in the UK). I've got the Empryreans and simply want to upgrade. Many thanks!

Oct 25, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #3,342 of 5,614
Would absolutely love to hear Elites on a great tube amp, Wells Audio Dragon, Feliks Audio Envy, etc. Seems pursuit of sonic excellence far outpaces the budgetary constraints unfortunately. LOL
Elite paired extremely well with Ultrasonic Telemachus 300B. This amp has transparent clarity, sweet vocal, tight deep bass with 3D holographic space. The only downside is the leading time for order.

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #3,343 of 5,614
Is anyone using an Eddie Current Studio B with their Elite?
I'd love to! Just need a Studio B

*wink wink* to anyone selling one :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 25, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #3,345 of 5,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back