MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jul 19, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #2,641 of 5,614
Okaaaay... fine! I was trying to listen to them, but I guess I can pause for a few pictures... :smile:
20220719_220833.jpg
Beautiful!

Which Norne cable is that?

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2,642 of 5,614
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #2,643 of 5,614
Okaaaay... fine! I was trying to listen to them, but I guess I can pause for a few pictures... :smile:

Only now I noticed that when Elite/Empy are standing flat, both top and and bottom curves of the cross bar from one cup are a continuation of the same curves from the other cup. The detail...

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #2,644 of 5,614
Jul 19, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #2,645 of 5,614
Jul 19, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #2,646 of 5,614
I'm not 100% sure, but @curvz will surely confirm or deny it soon
It is actually a fusion Draug 3SC. I did approach Trevor for an Einvaldi at one point, but I think he then talked me into getting a Vykari instead which he had just launched or was about to launch.
20220107_190911.jpg

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #2,647 of 5,614
It is actually a fusion Draug 3SC. I did approach Trevor for an Einvaldi at one point, but I think he then talked me into getting a Vykari instead which he had just launched or was about to launch.
20220107_190911.jpg
Thanks for clarifying. You do have a Vykari as well by now, don't you?

Any reason you're not using that one with the Elite?

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #2,648 of 5,614
Thanks for clarifying. You do have a Vykari as well by now, don't you?

Any reason you're not using that one with the Elite?
Colour mismatch:smile: I have two sleeved Vykari, yeah. I need to do some comparisons soon, see if I have a sonic preference. They won't go to waste though!

I had my Vykari on the Elite until last week or so I think, on the previous pics I posted here as well.

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #2,649 of 5,614
Colour mismatch:smile: I have two sleeved Vykari, yeah. I need to do some comparisons soon, see if I have a sonic preference. They won't go to waste though!

I had my Vykari on the Elite until last week or so I think, on the previous pics I posted here as well.
I randomly switch between my Silvergarde S4 8-wire and Vykari as well.

For color matching purposes I need the Vykari on the Elite and the Silvergarde S4 8-wire on the Empyrean.

I was actually considering a switch of my copper Empyrean for a chameleon Version, and even was in contact with my dealer.

However the matching color between Silvergarde and Empyrean was what made me keep it in the end

Jul 19, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #2,650 of 5,614
I was not considering changing the grills myself. I just wanted to know how possible/easy it is for Meze to assemble the Elite with a grill from the Empy. If the grills are equal apart from the color, it seems very easy. They don't even need to have the work of modifying an already assembled headphone. It is not like the Elite is a mass production item with thousands of units per day. It should be easy to tell someone assembling the headphones to just use another pair of grills on one set. I am talking when buying directly from Meze, where Meze makes a much larger margin, that I think should be enough to cover that little care to use a different grill they already have in stock for the Empy.

I have switched ear grill for my Empyrean. I used my Empyrean in multiple shows and events, so the headphones grill suffers inevitably, some users were a bit over-casual when they put the Empyrean down after their audition. The process goes well with the right tools and procedures. I have checked with our service support team before I respond to you, they explained that there is a risk if one of the metal screws is attracted by the magnets in the driver and pierces the membrane, so there is a bit of risk when you perform the change without an appropriate guideline (and training). Whenever feasible, the best way to change the grill is for you to send your Empyrean/Elite back to us and let us do the swap.

Last but not least, if someone wants a custom order, they can get in touch with our support line with their request, Meze will do our best to accommodate. Changing the grill from the Empyrean on an Elite is feasible for sure.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #2,651 of 5,614
Last but not least, if someone wants a custom order, they can get in touch with our support line with their request, Meze will do our best to accommodate. Changing the grill from the Empyrean on an Elite is feasible for sure.
Unfortunately, they do that only for New orders.

When I inquired about a swap of my existing Empyrean to different color grills, my request was denied :frowning2:

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #2,653 of 5,614
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #2,654 of 5,614
@Andykong Can you please share the correct balanced pinout for the Elites? Is it the same as Audeze?
Yes, the cables are interchangeable. I swap my Norne Einvaldi back and forth between my Atrium and my Elites all the time. Audeze use the same pinouts as the others.

Jul 20, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,655 of 5,614
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back