MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
May 29, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2,266 of 5,614
So, my cat has mangled both my copper and silver Meze upgrade cables. As a temporary solution, I've taped up the chewed parts. They still function, but some of those fine connecting strands are done. Fine cable: 0, Wild Beast: 1. Sad. Anyone else have to deal with this? My wife has that gangly, hard plastic cord cover for her tablet charger, but damn if I want to cover up these beautiful cables with something like that. Then there are young children to contend with, too. No space for a 'man cave' in my urban dwelling. Hazards of hifi in family zone...

May 29, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #2,268 of 5,614
So, my cat has mangled both my copper and silver Meze upgrade cables. As a temporary solution, I've taped up the chewed parts. They still function, but some of those fine connecting strands are done. Fine cable: 0, Wild Beast: 1. Sad. Anyone else have to deal with this? My wife has that gangly, hard plastic cord cover for her tablet charger, but damn if I want to cover up these beautiful cables with something like that. Then there are young children to contend with, too. No space for a 'man cave' in my urban dwelling. Hazards of hifi in family zone...
My cats try to chew on clear cables like the Meze upgrade cable, but leave sleeved ones alone.

Therefore I order only sleeved cables. Even my Norne Vykari is sleeved and thus of no interest to my cats.

Maybe it's similar for your cats?

May 29, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #2,270 of 5,614
Ughhhhhhh.

May 29, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #2,271 of 5,614
Is it the ends they've mangled? If it is and you can have them repaired you could add some braided material sleeving to them with a bit of shrink wrap to hold it in place. From the splitter to plug for instance.

Our dog as a puppy decided to destroy a couple of Apple laptop charger cables when he was a puppy. Thankfully he grew out of that... or he decided he didn't like the tingling feeling!

May 29, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #2,272 of 5,614
I would completely lose my s**t if I had a pet that damaged my system. That pet would cross "the rainbow bridge" right quick.

May 29, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #2,273 of 5,614
I would completely lose my s**t if I had a pet that damaged my system. That pet would cross "the rainbow bridge" right quick.
Lol... when a pet damages something it's normally our own fault. If I'd thought about it I should've made sure the laptop charger was not in a position for the dog to chew. I'd imagine it's even harder with cats as they can jump, climb anywhere! They just see it as another toy 😀

May 29, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #2,274 of 5,614
Pretty ridiculous claim. You have to teach them the same way you have to teach children not to destroy stuff. How else should they know.

Or would you send Kids over the rainbow bridge as well?

May 29, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #2,275 of 5,614
Pretty ridiculous claim. You have to teach them the same way you have to teach children not to destroy stuff. How else should they know.

Or would you send Kids over the rainbow bridge as well?
Are you kidding me?

I think you're claim was a ridiculous claim. Animals have a certain degree of intelligence but that doesn't mean that they will always stay away from a headphone cable just because you shake your finger at them. That was ridiculous statement you just made.

May 29, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #2,277 of 5,614
Are you kidding me?

I think you're claim was a ridiculous claim. Animals have a certain degree of intelligence but that doesn't mean that they will always stay away from a headphone cable just because you shake your finger at them. That was ridiculous statement you just made.
So you consider the Statement, that Animals are capable of learning what they are allowed to do ridiculous?

May 29, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,278 of 5,614
So you consider the Statement, that Animals are capable of learning what they are allowed to do ridiculous?
I had a dog who passed.
If I told her 1,000 times not to eat something, she'd do it the moment I turned my back.
What I meant was, you can tell them all you want but some of them won't listen. Humans and cats all exist within the animal kingdom however you can't say that you can teach a cat as well as you can teach a child.

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #2,279 of 5,614
If this has been discussed before, forgive me. I was just wondering if anyone could give some input. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some tube amplifiers for my Elite. New or used, it doesn't matter. I mainly listen to classical music.

My current system is Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAaC, Luxman p-750u amp and the Elite. IF I choose to sell the Luxman, I can probably get $3,000 for it so that would be my ceiling I guess.

I am more than thrilled with the Luxman and probably won't do anything and just keep it, but I was just curious if others had high-end solid state and ditched it for tubes. I have to be out of my mind even considering this because the Luxman sounds so amazing but if we have $4,000 headphones, I guess we are all a little crazy.
Thanks. My gut is telling me the same thing. Not trying to downplay Feliks at all. Maybea it's just the visual bias I'm getting from Auris? I haven't heard either company so I shouldn't comment.
My concern is maybe tahe Feliks won't be enough power for the Elite. I think the Auris 2SF or Nirvana is something like two Watts into 32 ohms. I'll have to double check.a

The Feliks can handle the Empyrean and Elite very well, you don't have to worry about that. When you look at the drivability of a tube amplifier, don't just look at the rated output, the design and quality of the output transformers make a lot of difference.

The p-750u is a wonderful solid-state amp for low impedance cans. Getting a second amplifier at $3000 is a very different game than selling your P-750u at $3k and using that fund to acquire another headphone amp. It is difficult to find a replacement tube amp. that can offer noticeable improvement without compromising some attributes at the budget you quoted, and at the end of the day, you probably will gain something but miss the P-750u for other reasons.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 30, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #2,280 of 5,614
I just graduated from the very nice ZMF Pendant amp with upgraded tubes to the Ampsandsound Kenzie Ovation 2. I rolled in some Tung Sol VT-137 output tubes, a big improvement over stock, and a Psvane 12ax7 Art Series. The Pavane was a big surprise…it enhanced the already holographic soundstage of the Elite, nice detail, too. The Ovation and the Elite are a great combo for classical music.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back