MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jan 18, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #1,576 of 5,675
This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone can provide any insight into some particular amp/DAC pairings. I am currently running my Elites with a Matrix X-Sabre Pro DAC and GS-X Mini amp.

Would I see any improvement upgrading to a TT2 or Dave (without additional amplification)?

I had the Elite with me at a similar but slightly better setup in Kaohsiung Headphone Festival, at the end of first day, the TT2+GS-X2 setup received a lot more visitors audition than the Dave. Apparantly, at the same total budget, TT2 with a decent headphone amplifier is as good as Dave alone for Meze Elite on this small experiment.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 18, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #1,577 of 5,675
Has anyone directly tried the vegan Empy pads on the Elite? From descriptions in the Empyrean thread they are similar but not identical to the real leather (a bit more neutral); so wondering how this translates on the Elite, in particular in terms of the bass and brightness aspects.

I also ask because the leather pads seem to have been out of stock on the Meze site for quite a while.

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,579 of 5,675
This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone can provide any insight into some particular amp/DAC pairings. I am currently running my Elites with a Matrix X-Sabre Pro DAC and GS-X Mini amp.

Would I see any improvement upgrading to a TT2 or Dave (without additional amplification)?

For Elite, I would choose TT2 alone compared to an excellent desktop set up Chord Qutest + Formula S with Powerman. DAC quality is highly important here.

Anyway, today's surprise for me is when I swapped ZMF OFC Upgrade cable from my Verite to Meze Elite. On TT2 I need to adjust volume decrease by 1dB when use Zmf cable (as it is being louder compared standard cable on Elite).

Overall tonality seems a little bit fuller, smoother, a little more forward vocal, and even more expansive soundstage here. A (free) upgrade in my case!

Jan 19, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,580 of 5,675
Has anyone directly tried the vegan Empy pads on the Elite? From descriptions in the Empyrean thread they are similar but not identical to the real leather (a bit more neutral); so wondering how this translates on the Elite, in particular in terms of the bass and brightness aspects.

I also ask because the leather pads seem to have been out of stock on the Meze site for quite a while.
Headamp has them in stock.

Jan 19, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #1,581 of 5,675
New Elite owner here, though I demoed them at-home for several days just recently.

Someone asked me to about how the Elite compares with the LCD5 (which just got displaced by the Elite in my collection), so I figure I might as well post the text of my reply here, for the record...

Yes, I think the two could work out okay together. The key is simply liking both, as far as I'm concerned :).

The LCD5 is fast and punchy, whereas (IMO) the sound of the Elite is more pretty and delicate.

The LCD5's bass is really great but also more neutral than even the relatively neutral bass region of the Elite

I find the Elite to be slightly pronounced across the entire upper-mids/lower-treble region, whereas the LCD5 has a more "specific" hump between 3k-5k. Being sensitive to the upper-midrange, I'm still not decided on which I find less problematic for me.

The LCD5 is darker but its treble is still really good. But I'm really impressed by the Elite's treble and also find it to be remarkably smooth.

The LCD5 is more "intimate" and also has a smaller soundstage (again in my opinion).

My own summary of the LCD5 is that it's like a planar take on the Utopia.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #1,582 of 5,675
New Elite owner here, though I demoed them at-home for several days just recently.

Someone asked me to about how the Elite compares with the LCD5 (which just got displaced by the Elite in my collection), so I figure I might as well post the text of my reply here, for the record...
To this I would add: wearing the LCD-5’s is like having your head in vice grip whereas wearing the elites is like being surrounded by firm pillows.

Jan 20, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #1,584 of 5,675
Thanks all. I’m not in the US and most of these stores either don’t ship Meze to where I live or the shipping costs as much as the pads :p

So question remains, has anyone tried the vegan pads on the Elite?

Jan 20, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #1,585 of 5,675
Does pairing with the Gen 3 WA7 make sense for a desk set-up? Any other suggestion around the same size?
Gen 3 Wa7 works fine,
Not sure what else is even around at that size

Jan 20, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #1,586 of 5,675
Does pairing with the Gen 3 WA7 make sense for a desk set-up? Any other suggestion around the same size?
That's a nice looking little cube. On the Woo website the first product picture with HP is with Elite.
I thought my MHA200 is tiny, but look at the comparision:
Wa: 5.25" (H) x 4.8" (W) x 6" (D)
Mc: 5.75" (H) x 6.1" (W) x 9" (D)

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #1,587 of 5,675

The leather pad is available now, you can check with our online store or order from your local dealer.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 20, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,588 of 5,675
Any chance there is an Elite owner in Europe who would be willing to do the community a huge favor and send their headphones to Oratory1990 for measurement? Here's how to do it (I believe he's in Austria):

https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/faq

Jan 20, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #1,589 of 5,675
7B71EE6F-4E24-49E5-9748-AAF0B2A7B699.jpeg

My new pair. A beautiful set and the comfort… WOW! Critical listening will be done days from now. But, so far, soooo good.

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #1,590 of 5,675
I think I read in one of the Meze threads that it takes 1 year before dealers start selling B-stock, is that correct?

I really really want these, but the price tag is a bit too much for me personally :)

Will have to be a B-stock unless Meze actually releases a cheaper open back Elite "mini" (one can dream!). Linda sucks that Meze don't offer anything in the 500-1500$ space when it comes to open backs :frowning2:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back