MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Dec 17, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,471 of 5,614
Yea the Elites really changed my preferences i feel like. I used to think that my HD800S was perfect other than it needed more bass. But after owning the elites, i cant bring myself to take tthe sennheisers out of their box unless im gaming on my pc or listening to anything with a classical sound, heavy on strings and violins and such. Those are about the only arenas that the sennheisers can best the elites in. With the elites, i feel like theres a good balance of tone throughout. With the elites, you'll have to forgive me if i get the audiophile lingo wrong here, i feel like the soundstage is too intimate and placed against a voidlike background. I do much prefer a more open and airy soundstage. Or at least one that feels like the sounds are in the room with me, as opposed to it sounding the instruments and vocals are in a isolated space and im just visiting. Hope that makes sense.

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #1,472 of 5,614
I knew I shouldn't have read all the feedback about the Elites here. I love my Empys so I wanted to join the Elite club too.

Still getting used to the signature and making the drivers work out for a couple of days, the build quality is simply perfect.

20211218_113419[1782].jpg

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,474 of 5,614
These two go so well together.

20211220_113937[1801].jpg

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #1,475 of 5,614
I just stumbled upon Resolve's recommended PEQ settings that he posted way back in August on headphones.com. I believe these are for the hybrid pads. I've just downloaded them myself so I can't comment on them yet.

Here’s my EQ for the Elite for anyone wanting it:

Dec 21, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #1,476 of 5,614
I just stumbled upon Resolve's recommended PEQ settings that he posted way back in August on headphones.com. I believe these are for the hybrid pads. I've just downloaded them myself so I can't comment on them yet.

Thanks for your EQ settings. What pads do you use with them? Seems to sound better with the Alcantara.

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #1,477 of 5,614
Thanks for your EQ settings. What pads do you use with them? Seems to sound better with the Alcantara.
You are the only person I've heard say that. I prefer the sound of the hybrid pads, and that seems to be the view of most people, as far as what I've read is concerned. I will grant that the Alcantaras are more comfy.

I believe that the settings I posted (which are Resolve's, not mine) were intended for the hybrid pads and may not work well with the Alcantara, which have, for example, less pronounced bass.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #1,479 of 5,614
We are honoured to receive Product of the Year award from Headfonia. This is a very busy year for Meze Audio and we are grateful to the strong support we have received from our users and media friends.

We will make our best efforts to bring more exciting new products to Personal Audio community down the road, looking forward to seeing you all at our next announcement.
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

1640272026656.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 23, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,480 of 5,614
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,481 of 5,614
We are honoured to receive Product of the Year award from Headfonia. This is a very busy year for Meze Audio and we are grateful to the strong support we have received from our users and media friends.

We will make our best efforts to bring more exciting new products to Personal Audio community down the road, looking forward to seeing you all at our next announcement.
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

1640272026656.png
Very well deserved! Bravo!

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,482 of 5,614
I've had the Elite for a little over a week now, and man-- it just gets better. I don't know if it's burn-in, or brain burn-in or what, but the sound now seems a little smoother on top, and punchier, more dynamic, faster, with an opening liquid midrange. (My associated equipment: Wells Audio Milo amp, source is an Exposure CD player, power cords JPS, interconnects Tara Labs and Atlas, and a touch of analogue EQ--treble down/bass up a tad--from a Schiit Loki+). I'm still keeping some other excellent headphones-- LCD4, HE1000v2/SE, Empyrean, Thekk, Spirit Torino Grande, etc.--but the Elite is for me now the "If I could only keep one headphone" headphone.

Listening to some recent progressive rock in the form of The Flower Kings/Roine Stolt, I'm struck by the detail, richness, liquidity, speed. Same when switching to the late great Italian progressive fusion of DFA. And probably going to this magnificent recording tonight-- Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker by Gergiev/Kirov. What a beautiful headphone. Go Team Meze!

Attachments

• Nutcracker Gergiev.jpg
    Nutcracker Gergiev.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #1,484 of 5,614

looks like theres 1 last band thats cut off in you screenshot. is that one just not use?

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #1,485 of 5,614
looks like theres 1 last band thats cut off in you screenshot. is that one just not use?
I hadn‘t noticed that. It was cut off on resolve’s post as well. 15k is getting up there though — not sure I’ve seen too many eq profiles that are messing with frequencies as high as 20k, though I could be mistaken.

@Resolve — care to chime in?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back