MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #121 of 5,620
20210903_181055.jpg20210903_180919.jpg

Elite owner, checking in. Lol. I didn't even get to listen yet. I'll update in a few hours.

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #122 of 5,620
20210903_181055.jpg20210903_180919.jpg

Elite owner, checking in. Lol. I didn't even get to listen yet. I'll update in a few hours.
Glad they made it safe and sound and before the long weekend! This week has been interesting for shipping with everything going on with the hurricane.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #123 of 5,620
It still seems like it's an evolution of the Empyrean-- not a whole new design concept--and so would appropriately be called "Empyrean Elite," and not just "Elite." Unless those who have it already/have heard it think it's that much different from the Empyrean?

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #124 of 5,620
Glad they made it safe and sound and before the long weekend! This week has been interesting for shipping with everything going on with the hurricane.
Thanks, brother. Thank you and Alan @Netforce.

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #125 of 5,620
It still seems like it's an evolution of the Empyrean-- not a whole new design concept--and so would appropriately be called "Empyrean Elite," and not just "Elite." Unless those who have it already/have heard it think it's that much different from the Empyrean?

How much higher can one get after Empyrean Elite? 😉

In all seriousness, seems like they decided they want to make a clear distinction for their brand/line.

The OG definitely served as a basis for the new model.

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #126 of 5,620
I think the best way to describe the Elite is as a less warm LCD-4z :thinking:

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #127 of 5,620
After the first several minutes of listening the comfort is fantastic. And the sound is very, very open. Yes, so far on tracks the bass takes a backseat on the hybrid pads. I'm not listening loud cuz I'm burning in. Tomorrow I'll be taking a listen with the Danacable Lazuli on a nice high end amp.

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #128 of 5,620
After the first several minutes of listening the comfort is fantastic. And the sound is very, very open. Yes, so far on tracks the bass takes a backseat on the hybrid pads. I'm not listening loud cuz I'm burning in. Tomorrow I'll be taking a listen with the Danacable Lazuli on a nice high end amp.
May I ask, just as comfortable as Empy?

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #129 of 5,620
May I ask, just as comfortable as Empy?
I got more clamp with the older all-leather pads. With these they just sit nicely on my head. And the weight is a tad lower. I have a big head. And they fit wonderfully for me. Comfort smokes my Focals.

This will take me weeks to really narrow down how much I like them. And I want my cable of choice. Where I think they will be even better. But, so-far so good. I never had a problem with the Empyrean. It just never sounded as detailed and stuff as the rest of the high end gang. These are a lot different.

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #130 of 5,620
I tested the Elites with some "chopped" rap albums. The sub-bass is very present and easy to pick out. Compared to the Solitaire P's I had previously, where the sub-bass just disappeared when other sounds were introduced, the Elites have good punch and good bass quantity. I'm a basshead, so I would prefer even more impact and quantity, but that seems to be only accomplished by the TCs.

Between the Solitare Ps and the Elites, the Elites have better bass in my opinion, but the Ps have higher resolution and better detail.
I am also a basshead, and own both. The Empy has more punch/bass impact and overall bass quantity, but the Elite’s is cleaner, tighter, more defined.

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #132 of 5,620
Did you try fitting Elite's pads on the Empys? Just curious about that.
I did. It worked better the other way around, but each sounds best with its own pads IMO

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #134 of 5,620
Listened to a few songs. I did not go directly into head to head mode with them and Empyrean as I had limited time.

Directly fed by RME ADI-DAC 2 FS with stock config. Source files are CD quality FLAC files streamed off a Squeezebox Touch directly connected to RME via USB (AudioQuest Evergreen).

I agree the bass is less quantity than the Empyrean but is definitely present and sounds a bit tighter. Got the impression of better extension on at least one song. Angel Olson's vocals were exceptional on Woman. Mids are more present.

Need to do more listening. I will say that my ears touch the inside screen a bit with the shallower cups.

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #135 of 5,620
this thread is in the wrong place. it should be in the summit-fi section

nobody is gonna find it in the sponsor announcement and deals section
We did

I personally have never looked under sections as such.
I simply google “headfi” and whatever i am looking for

And then watch thread

But this did start as a sponsor thread

Either way i am not fussed how it’s classified.
Just don’t run a number of threads is my preference
(And maybe don’t put it in the science section)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back