MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 3, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #106 of 5,646
Why was the impressions thread closed?

It's quite confusing, there's some stuff on the Empyrean thread, some stuff on the old elite thread and some here. And we're all obv eager for reviews and impressions 🙃
A few people got upset about the less than positive reports on the Elite and reported the thread to the mods to close so that the threads could be consolidated. I still don't think sponsor announcements is the best place though.

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #107 of 5,646
A few people got upset about the less than positive reports on the Elite and reported the thread to the mods to close so that the threads could be consolidated. I still don't think sponsor announcements is the best place though.

As long as impressions keep coming! It will be ultimately figured out hehehe

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #108 of 5,646
Totally agree. Needs to be in summit fi or regular headphones section

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #110 of 5,646
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #111 of 5,646
FedEx just delivered. Hoping to listen to 'em soon.

Opened up the packaging/case to take a gander. They look gorgeous as expected. I did notice that there's no paper work in the one cutout like the OG (including the hand signed thank you note). The card with the serial number is there though.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #114 of 5,646
I tested the Elites with some "chopped" rap albums. The sub-bass is very present and easy to pick out. Compared to the Solitaire P's I had previously, where the sub-bass just disappeared when other sounds were introduced, the Elites have good punch and good bass quantity. I'm a basshead, so I would prefer even more impact and quantity, but that seems to be only accomplished by the TCs.

Between the Solitare Ps and the Elites, the Elites have better bass in my opinion, but the Ps have higher resolution and better detail.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #115 of 5,646
Finally
IMG_20210903_234732.jpg

And beware as I have already posted in the closed now thread this is a typo.
It is not an Empyrean Elite.

It is Meze Elite and the logo error is going to be fixed in the next batch.

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #117 of 5,646
I tested the Elites with some "chopped" rap albums. The sub-bass is very present and easy to pick out. Compared to the Solitaire P's I had previously, where the sub-bass just disappeared when other sounds were introduced, the Elites have good punch and good bass quantity. I'm a basshead, so I would prefer even more impact and quantity, but that seems to be only accomplished by the TCs.

Between the Solitare Ps and the Elites, the Elites have better bass in my opinion, but the Ps have higher resolution and better detail.
How is the subbass quality and quantity compared to our old and trusty LCD-4?

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #118 of 5,646
How is the subbass quality and quantity compared to our old and trusty LCD-4?
I feel like the LCD-4 goes down lower and has a bit more quantity

Also, I prefer the thicker pads on the Elite. Bass quantity is better, and I like the mids better with the thicker pad as well :L3000:

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #119 of 5,646
Also, I prefer the thicker pads on the Elite. Bass quantity is better, and I like the mids better with the thicker pad as well :L3000:
I wonder if you'd prefer the Empyreans leather pads. The Elite comes with Alcantara Hybrid and the Alcantara pads.

The Empyreans leather pads should increase the Bass a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back