Meze Audio 109 Pro
Oct 7, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #2,957 of 3,500
How much of a step up are the 109 Pros to the Sennheiser HD599s?
I have the Meze 99 Classics, which I really enjoy, and I also have some HD599s which I got free when I purchased my phone.
I listen to the 99 Classics the most as I prefer the sound, but I like the openness of the HD599s.
I don't think anywhere local stocks the 109 Pros so won't be able to audition them beforehand.

Oct 8, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #2,958 of 3,500
How much of a step up are the 109 Pros to the Sennheiser HD599s?
I have the Meze 99 Classics, which I really enjoy, and I also have some HD599s which I got free when I purchased my phone.
I listen to the 99 Classics the most as I prefer the sound, but I like the openness of the HD599s.
I don't think anywhere local stocks the 109 Pros so won't be able to audition them beforehand.

Like night and day, I was able to hear the HD599 from a friend, and the only thing better than the 99’s classics is the less prominent mindbass. The rest are better on the 99’s. I also have the 109’s now, and they are much better in every way than the 99’s. They have better presentation, timbre, clarity, and resolution, more space, and speed. I still like the 99’s and use them when I need isolation, but it’s simply another league. I am one of the people who thinks that the 109’s are worth double or triple their price.

Oct 8, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #2,960 of 3,500
That may be a bit overenthusiastic, but definitely a top choice under 1K.
Hehe, maybe… but worth every penny.

However, it is important to note that the 109s, like most reference headphones, are quite bright in the high frequencies, and if you are coming from a low-end or mid-range headphone, this may be a shock at first. But after a few hours you get used to it and enjoy the music like never before and hear new details with an impressive musical coherence.

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #2,961 of 3,500
that i can agree with. it took a while to get used to them but now i love using them every single day. it is the best experience i ever had with a headphone. also gaming with these is fantastic. currently on assasins creed mirage. and playing cyberpunk with it was mind blowing

Oct 9, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #2,964 of 3,500
that i can agree with. it took a while to get used to them but now i love using them every single day. it is the best experience i ever had with a headphone. also gaming with these is fantastic. currently on assasins creed mirage. and playing cyberpunk with it was mind blowing
I played Cyberpunk with them, too. Also Horizon Zero Dawn. And I agree, mind blowing. The big pro here is, they can easily be driven by Dualshock.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #2,966 of 3,500
These might be my next headphone when I can afford it. Got to listen to them through an Aune S9c Pro Dac/amp and they sounded amazing for the price you pay. They definitely compete with higher end, totl headphones.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,967 of 3,500
These might be my next headphone when I can afford it. Got to listen to them through an Aune S9c Pro Dac/amp and they sounded amazing for the price you pay. They definitely compete with higher end, totl headphones.
What did you think of that DAC/amp? The S17Pro looks pretty good.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #2,968 of 3,500
What did you think of that DAC/amp? The S17Pro looks pretty good.
I only heard it briefly at a store here in Toronto, but from the headphones I tested with it, it's got plenty of power and sounded really balanced and detailed.

Oct 13, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #2,969 of 3,500
I have the same headphone stand in white. I am always placing them on the metal frame.

Got this e-mail feedback from Meze about the headband mechanism:

Until now, we have not encountered any issues with the headband mechanism.
You can rest the headphones on a headphone stand with the leather headband safely without having any issues.

Eduard Bruzac

Customer Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back