Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jul 9, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #2,521 of 3,591
As I read throught the ERA-1 thread, I am getting pretty excited.
I always thought I had a big head, but I have run into some huge headphones.
But I do have two Nuggets left. :relaxed:
I have a small head and they fit me no problem.
Well I think I have a small head, seems I cant if their are folk that it doesn't fit.

Edit : I have just went back to listen to the ERA-1 and you wont be disapointed another headphone that out shines its price point for me.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #2,522 of 3,591
how do you guys handle the treble of these? i would really love them but somehow i can't i guess they arent made for my music taste :frowning2: or are just not for me

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #2,523 of 3,591
Just add AKG Foam Net Pad Piece K-240 or Beyerdynamic Foam Piece 910236 (you can buy both on thomann.de and choose whatever sounds best for you) if you can't use equalizer for some reason, foam pads will fix the high treble, but the best way is to use AutoEQ profile from Oratory (see my previous post).

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #2,524 of 3,591
I was quite impressed and that doesn't take away from your input. Beyond all the graphs and technical jargon subjective views ultimately win out with music. Why? I have always looked at the scientific method as revealing a certain amount of truth. But as I reach my 60th birthday I have mellowed in that view. There are other variables in play with music, and the biggest one is individual taste. P.S. The 109 Pro is value, even for $800. It probably is not the best set of headphones you can buy, but it could certainly be the end game for a lot of people.
I have three sets of headphones that I use balanced. I am done trying new cans. I have Meze 109 Pro headphones, Shure SRH1540 headphones, and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B headphones. I use Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #2,525 of 3,591
how do you guys handle the treble of these? i would really love them but somehow i can't i guess they arent made for my music taste :frowning2: or are just not for me
If your phones are relatively new, give them time and the treble will settle down nicely. My 109Pros took about 100 hours to attain optimum flexibility.

Jul 9, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,527 of 3,591
Hello all!

The idea of splurging on the Meze 109 Pros has been all consuming these past several days, and I’ve even read through almost single post in this thread. (Quadfather’s decision making process was particularly thrilling and I was genuinely stoked when I finally reached the “I ordered them” post!)

This would be by far the most expensive piece of audio equipment I’ve purchased, and it would be exclusively used for enjoying music.

I would be upgrading from my Oppo PM-3s, which I have had for about seven years now. I’ve been using the PM-3s with an Oppo HA-2, and I would not, at least at the moment, be looking to purchase another DAC/amp.

My question is pretty basic: would this be a nice, noticeable upgrade? I am perhaps looking for something with more depth and detail than my PM-3s, while also being a bit more fun, and comfortable.

I would be running them through the HA-2, and with the stock cable (I know, I know).

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #2,529 of 3,591
so it is not just me who is having issues with its treble? is the mezes more made for the older generation? i just love how relexed my 660s2 are so if i keep my mezes, try them again when i am 50 i will start loving them?

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #2,530 of 3,591
I eq'd the 109's now they sound great, but I bought them online without testing. If I could go back I'd probably get the senny 660 s2 instead - tested at canjam and loved how chill they were. Or the focal clear - which admittedly I havnt tried but I loved the utopia's when I listened to them.

I guess there are some days (and some tracks) where the treble really doesnt bother me, but the majority of the time I'm using EQ either on my computer with a dragonfly red, or the quedelix if Im using my cellphone.
Personally the 109's sound amazing through the dragonfly.

Eq'd I like them much more then 660s2, and the 660s2 was plugged into like a $3000 amp when I heard it - so I think thats a win for the 109 pro considering I just have my $200 dragonfly. But it would be nice to not need to use eq at all

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #2,531 of 3,591
home trialling the 109pro atm and i have no trouble with the treble at all!
AT LAST, a benefit of being 58 :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #2,533 of 3,591
My set-up too 👍

Meze 109 are soooo easy to drive :L3000:

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #2,534 of 3,591
At the Munich High End 2023 the 109 Pro was my show highlight.
I told my dealer at the show that I need the Black Walnut Version which was scheduled to be available again in August.

We didn't have any contact since the show ans today I received a surprise shipment
20230720_151904.jpg

20230720_152413.jpg

Finally a full Meze flagship collection again

Curious how it performs in comparison to the Pulsar at my own setup

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #2,535 of 3,591
holy crap never try to replace the pads on these! this makes the mezes feels alot cheaper allready. worse then beyerdynamics technic! i really struggeled putting them on again and gave up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Yari
Back