Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jul 5, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #2,506 of 3,591
Sit tight and enjoy if you're happy with your current setup.

"Upgrade-itis" is a real disease. I used to churn (sell then buy) cans from my stable about every two months from 2020 to about mid-2022. But I'm quite content with my current lineup of LCD-X 2021, HD 6XX and Grado 325x, so my money clip is locked shut ... for now. :)
I finally put an end to upgrading.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #2,507 of 3,591
Sit tight and enjoy if you're happy with your current setup.

"Upgrade-itis" is a real disease. I used to churn (sell then buy) cans from my stable about every two months from 2020 to about mid-2022. But I'm quite content with my current lineup of LCD-X 2021, HD 6XX and Grado 325x, so my money clip is locked shut ... for now. :)
I have the worst kind of affliction in this hobby: side-grading.
My last five or six sets have been nice headphones, but nothing to blow you away or replace any top favourites. Apparently I am hooked on buying headphones, but too cheap to step up to higher end stuff. :grin:

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #2,508 of 3,591
My last five or six sets have been nice headphones, but nothing to blow you away or replace any top favourites. Apparently I am hooked on buying headphones, but too cheap to step up to higher end stuff. :grin:
I only use balanced outputs and have Meze 109 Pro, Shure SRH1540, and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B. I am completely done. No more purchases. I have a Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #2,509 of 3,591
I only use balanced outputs and have Meze 109 Pro, Shure SRH1540, and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B. I am completely done. No more purchases. I have a Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.
Congrats.

Jul 6, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #2,511 of 3,591
Been there.
At some point I then dared to try a flagship (Meze Empyrean) and subsequently sold my mid-fi collection.

For a while this seemed like a good trade... but over time I just returned to buying sidegrades, only this time with flagships.

So if you ever upgrade and sell your current sidegrades, leave head-fi and never look back. Otherwise the sidegradeitis will get you again.

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #2,512 of 3,591
Been there.
At some point I then dared to try a flagship (Meze Empyrean) and subsequently sold my mid-fi collection.

For a while this seemed like a good trade... but over time I just returned to buying sidegrades, only this time with flagships.

So if you ever upgrade and sell your current sidegrades, leave head-fi and never look back. Otherwise the sidegradeitis will get you again.
That's fine, as long as budget allows. I rather have one (or two) flagships than 4 mid-fi or 8 entry level headphones. We all are different, there is no one good approach.

Jul 8, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #2,513 of 3,591
this eq a friend of mine made for me made the mezes enjoyable for me. still there is a little too much treble but its better. i still prefer my 660s 2 anyday, they just add so much more life to my music
Skjermbilde 2023-07-08 222435.png

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #2,514 of 3,591
Congrats.
It's a great relief to be off the upgrade train. Now I am obsessed with collecting knives. A little cheaper

Jul 8, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #2,515 of 3,591
It's a great relief to be off the upgrade train. Now I am obsessed with collecting knives. A little cheaper
Well I bought another pair yesterday. Maybe another sidegrade (Quad ERA-1).

And now I really have to calm the hell down for several months. :smile:

Jul 8, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #2,516 of 3,591

I just ordered an OTF, Microtech, so I understand.

Jul 8, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #2,517 of 3,591
Jul 8, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #2,519 of 3,591

You won't be disappointed. I would put these in my top 5 every day of the week. I hope they aren't too big for you - might need some nuggets.

Jul 8, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #2,520 of 3,591
You won't be disappointed. I would put these in my top 5 every day of the week. I hope they aren't too big for you - might need some nuggets.
As I read throught the ERA-1 thread, I am getting pretty excited.
I always thought I had a big head, but I have run into some huge headphones.
But I do have two Nuggets left. :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back