Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jun 1, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #2,356 of 3,500
What kind of EQ settings are Mojo 2 users using with 109 Pro's, if any? I currently have +2db on 125Hz bass shelf.
No need for EQ with my Meze 109 Pro :)

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #2,357 of 3,500
109EQ.jpg

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #2,359 of 3,500
Mojo2 and Sony TA-ZH1ES have both been performing extremely well for me with these.

hey man,

I just saw in your sig that you have the Meze 109 pro.

how do they compare to the Fostex TH909 and the Beyer DT 1990 pro?

I have the DT 1990 pro and modded the balanced pads, and they are a fantastic in between the balanced and analytical pads.

I want another headphone but to have the meat on the bone and body of the Beyer 1990, but even better timbre and soundstage.

how do the Fostex TH909 and Meze 109pro compare please?

are the Fostex TH909 much better than the Meze 109pro?

much much appreciated

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #2,360 of 3,500
Finally my Meze 109 Pro burned in and it’s sounds so fantastic now .
it’s in all categories better than the Philips Fidelio X3 only the stage is a little bit better (feels opener) on the X3
but ,deep bass ,mid bass ,heights,mids ,and clarity it’s all better on the 109 pro.
sometimes I think I hear a planar headphon,it’s absolutely fantastic for a dynamic driver.
oh and the comfort is in my opinion better on the X3 ,I love the big earcups of the X3.
i can wear the X3 all day long with now warm ears or pain,with the 109 pro I get warm ears and after hours a little pain.
But I say the X3 is a fantastic headphone too ,for the price and i will allways love the X3 too.
169€ is a steal,in my opinion the X3 plays in a 400-500€ league.
I was thinking to bring back the 109 pro but now I love him so much,I’m very happy now.

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #2,361 of 3,500
Finally my Meze 109 Pro burned in and it’s sounds so fantastic now .
it’s in all categories better than the Philips Fidelio X3 only the stage is a little bit better (feels opener) on the X3
but ,deep bass ,mid bass ,heights,mids ,and clarity it’s all better on the 109 pro.
sometimes I think I hear a planar headphon,it’s absolutely fantastic for a dynamic driver.
oh and the comfort is in my opinion better on the X3 ,I love the big earcups of the X3.
i can wear the X3 all day long with now warm ears or pain,with the 109 pro I get warm ears and after hours a little pain.
But I say the X3 is a fantastic headphone too ,for the price and i will allways love the X3 too.
169€ is a steal,in my opinion the X3 plays in a 400-500€ league.
I was thinking to bring back the 109 pro but now I love him so much,I’m very happy now.
I am glad you didn't make the huge mistake of returning back your 109 Pro. You will not regret it, ever. :)

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #2,362 of 3,500
Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your 109 Pro's, or whatever wonderful gear you use to enjoy your music.
I acquired mine about a week and a half ago now, and I've spent a considerable amount of time in them already.
Wow, they're quite something aren't they?

My audiophile journey has been going for quite a while, spanning speakers, headphones and IEMs.
I think for now I'm ready to settle. The 109s are exactly what I want.
These headphones are incredible for the money, Meze is doing something really special here.

Here's to that they last a lifetime! :)

On another note, what kinds of music do you folks listen the most with your 109s?

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #2,363 of 3,500
Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your 109 Pro's, or whatever wonderful gear you use to enjoy your music.
I acquired mine about a week and a half ago now, and I've spent a considerable amount of time in them already.
Wow, they're quite something aren't they?

My audiophile journey has been going for quite a while, spanning speakers, headphones and IEMs.
I think for now I'm ready to settle. The 109s are exactly what I want.
These headphones are incredible for the money, Meze is doing something really special here.

Here's to that they last a lifetime!
:)

On another note, what kinds of music do you folks listen the most with your 109s?
I completely agree with everything I have bolded from your message.

With my 109 Pro, I am listening to Electronica, 90% of the time. The rest, I am listening to Pop/Rock. Listening to Electronica, so Trance, Progressive, Downtempo, Ambient, House, etc, makes the music shine. It is amazing and unbelievable the amount of detail retrieval, the soundstage, and the representation of the entire frequency spectrum. I am using the cable shown in my sig, as well as the equipment shown there. The best device is my Mojo 2 but I am usually using my BTR7. They sound fantastic with both, but better with the Mojo 2, of course. I never use EQ with the 109 Pro.

Jun 4, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #2,365 of 3,500
Has anyone seen this new, cheaper than what its been this week in Spain ( 659,97 €). It was not my time to buy yet but I don't think I'm gonna see a better deal when I'm looking to buy a pair around Black Friday this year.

Jun 4, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,366 of 3,500
I've had my 109 Pro for a little more then a month and they have been my in office daily cans... they are so flexible and work for most genre's of music... Really energetic and fun without being fatiguing!

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #2,368 of 3,500
Yep, I just ordered from a spanish website last Saturday:wink:
Very nice. Yeah it was very tempting but I only just got my HD600 so I don't think I should be buying something else this quickly after. I saw your post history and I'm just curious if you had a chance to listen to them before you ordered? (You wrote about looking to try them out)

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #2,369 of 3,500
Very nice. Yeah it was very tempting but I only just got my HD600 so I don't think I should be buying something else this quickly after. I saw your post history and I'm just curious if you had a chance to listen to them before you ordered? (You wrote about looking to try them out)
Well, I ended up not listening to them before buying, because that would not be easy here where I live - Porto/Portugal.
I hope i won’t regret it 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back