Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 29, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,341 of 3,477
I'm very happy Healer cable owner. I cannot analyze musicality in same level as you, but to my ears it everything sounds "full bodied" and clear and cable it self if well made. Only slight complaint I had first was that the cable near 3,5mm connectors is making slight noise whenever I move my head. But I'm now used to it and also don't notice it while listening to music so it's all good.

Also, I need to do some comparisons to stock cable but haven't had any interest to swap out the copper cable yet. And thanks for giving out ideas for replacement cable in the first place!:)
I just find this cable for IEMs, Can you share the link where to buy for the 109Pro?

May 29, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #2,342 of 3,477
I just find this cable for IEMs, Can you share the link where to buy for the 109Pro?
You can buy them from every vendor that sells them for IEM's. Though you need to message them and specify that you would need 2x 3,5mm connector cables instead of 2x 0,78mm for example, so that the cable would fit your Meze's. Communication in English can be pain in the ass with Ali vendors though. You can find more information on this on "Aliexpress Cables" thread or if needed, you can send me a PM.

May 29, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #2,343 of 3,477
May 29, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #2,344 of 3,477
I'm very happy Healer cable owner. I cannot analyze musicality in same level as you, but to my ears it everything sounds "full bodied" and clear and cable it self if well made. Only slight complaint I had first was that the cable near 3,5mm connectors is making slight noise whenever I move my head. But I'm now used to it and also don't notice it while listening to music so it's all good.

Also, I need to do some comparisons to stock cable but haven't had any interest to swap out the copper cable yet. And thanks for giving out ideas for replacement cable in the first place!:)
Congratulations! I am happy for you! :)

May 30, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #2,345 of 3,477
Hi, you can find a direct link for this HAKUGEI Healer cable to this post of mine :)
Hi, thanks for the links and info, have you bought the Healer with interchangeable connections?

I have a Mojo 2, BTR7 and iFi gryphon, so I prefer the 4.4TR balanced finished, but if the interchangeable connection quality loss is negligible I would go for that option and could use the cable with the mojo 2 (without any adapter).

May 30, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #2,346 of 3,477
Hi, thanks for the links and info, have you bought the Healer with interchangeable connections?

I have a Mojo 2, BTR7 and iFi gryphon, so I prefer the 4.4TR balanced finished, but if the interchangeable connection quality loss is negligible I would go for that option and could use the cable with the mojo 2 (without any adapter).
Hi, you are welcome :)

No, I bought the Healer cable with just the 3.5mm connector, as it fits to all the gear you can see on my sig. I was thinking of buying the interchangeable connector but at the last minute I decided to go with the fixed 3.5mm connector. I wouldn't like to live with the idea I have not done my absolute best for this magnificent headphone.

And, I just want to say that I am amazed, stunned, by how the 109 Pro handles mediocre, lower bitrate, playback. I have been listening to my YouTube Premium account this morning, max bitrate: 256kbps AAC & OPUS, using my Mojo 2, and I am thrilled listening to the various DJ mixes, like from Ephimera Tulum or other selected DJs! The entire frequency spectrum is fully bodied and present and the amount of detail retrieval is incredible!!

One other thing I am considering is trying to make a Bluetooth headset out of my 109 Pro by getting one Pair 3.5mm to MMCX Adapter. I will try to use it with my FiiO UTWS5 and/or with the iFi GO pod, which I will get after a month, or so. I will need to chat with the okcsc Official Store on AliExpress, though, because I need kind of longer connectors that can fit into the sockets.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #2,347 of 3,477
Question, have been looking at the 109 Pro and I've seen a lot of users' combinations of the Mojo 2 with it. I'm just curious if, when the portable use of a Mojo 2 provides no extra value to me (intended use is desktop only), is it still a top pick or should I just look elsewhere then?

My current dac is a ifi uno and I'm using a HD600, and neither that or the Meze 109 Pro will be too demanding. But what can I expect to gain in quality by buying an amp that is several times more expensive than my 80$ ifi uno was? I hope someone can share some thoughts. (I wasn't sure if I should post this in here or in the dac thread)

May 30, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #2,348 of 3,477
Battery operated DAC/AMPs are not the best choice for "desktop only" use.

Get yourself a second-hand iFi ZEN DAC v2 and you are good to go :)

May 30, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #2,349 of 3,477
Question, have been looking at the 109 Pro and I've seen a lot of users' combinations of the Mojo 2 with it. I'm just curious if, when the portable use of a Mojo 2 provides no extra value to me (intended use is desktop only), is it still a top pick or should I just look elsewhere then?

My current dac is a ifi uno and I'm using a HD600, and neither that or the Meze 109 Pro will be too demanding. But what can I expect to gain in quality by buying an amp that is several times more expensive than my 80$ ifi uno was? I hope someone can share some thoughts. (I wasn't sure if I should post this in here or in the dac thread)
I use the mojo 2 and a Ifi Gryphon mainly at home, so I can listen to music in different places… also good for travels, sound quality is highly satisfying!

May 30, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #2,350 of 3,477

The Mojo 2 is my point of Reference. Whenever I buy a new IEM/Headphone, after burning it in, I use the Mojo 2 to drive it to its full potential. One remarkable difference between the Mojo 2 and the rest of my sources, the Qudelix 5K and FiiO BTR7 is that the Mojo 2 will make everything sound Fantastic, being it YouTube Premium or Amazon Music Unlimited. But even my own .WAV files sound better on the Mojo 2.

May 30, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #2,351 of 3,477

Mojo 2 has "intelligent desktop mode", which means it does not hurt the battery by overcharging. I've been using mine on desktop without any problems, well, partly because it's the only AMP/DAC I currently have but also because (what others have mentioned above) of the sound quality. I might buy a cheap desktop amp just because then I would not have to remove Mojo everytime I want to listen elsewhere and plug it back in when I'm on PC, but it is really not necessary.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #2,352 of 3,477
I use the meze 109 pro now for some days and yes it a very good headphone but I still say it sounds very similar to the Philips Fidelio X3.
But one thing is better with the X3 ,singing voices are very close to you with the Meze 109 Pro with the X3 it’s just perfect. .
In total the X3 has the better Stage ,the bass is more on the 109 Pro,the Highs and Mids are on the same level.
this is all subjective only to my ears, but I will wait until my 109 Pro are burned in.
My beginning time with the X3 was the same ,after 60 or 80 hours the X3 changed to an awesome headphone.
the only thing I don’t like on 109 pro is to get another cable ,it’s very hard.
dual 3,5mm ts cable why not normal 3,5 trs ? ,sure you can get high quality cables on the meze website but I spend no 300-400 € for a cable.
2 cables 800€ for this money I can get a another Meze 109 Pro with 2 cables lol.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #2,353 of 3,477
Just an update - turns out that in Germany some retailers offer the option to replace the stock cable with the upgraded Meze cables (for a fee, and not in addition to the stock cable) hence why Meze ship these to the retailers with the stock cables not in the shrink wrapped box. This is what I was told by the seller and I've confirmed it with other retailers. So, the blemishes seem to be a manufacturing defect after all.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #2,354 of 3,477
What kind of EQ settings are Mojo 2 users using with 109 Pro's, if any? I currently have +2db on 125Hz bass shelf.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #2,355 of 3,477
What kind of EQ settings are Mojo 2 users using with 109 Pro's, if any? I currently have +2db on 125Hz bass shelf
mainly flat, depending on the genre, at time need to adjust ~+3db 3KHZ to enhance voices. Need to say that my burn-in time is less than 50h.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back