Meze Audio 109 Pro
Sep 20, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #2,851 of 3,591
Didn't realise DE to NL would too.

We all pay VAT in EU, but because member countries have different VAT rates, these are adjusted in cross-border trade.

For example:
  • Germany: 19%
  • The Netherlands: 21%
  • Portugal: 23%
Some shops, for example Audiophonics.fr allow customers to select the country to which the purchased product is to be shipped and based on that selection will adjust price accordingly.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #2,852 of 3,591
Oh, thought it was us in the UK that got stung with VAT from EU countries. Didn't realise DE to NL would too. Show's how out of touch I am, haven't been away in yonks!
Decided to send in a question for their best price and offered me 720EUR for the regular, 750EUR for the black. I'm pretty sure I did not get additional charges off of zococity when I had it in my checkout screen with them. No idea how that works with VAT? But yeah, sadly doesn't seem like they're going to get close to what zococity did on a sale in the past. Shame cause buying from Germany would have been preferable.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #2,854 of 3,591
You're toxic AF man. You literally said you're not using an amp earlier.
A dedicated amp is an amp that has the only purpose of being an amp. Since I am using my DAC/AMP as a DAC/AMP, then it is not being used as a dedicated amp.

Please stop with the ad hominem attacks and straw man. The question that was asked and answered was I. Reference to a DEDICATED amp.

Can we please get back to a civil conversation?

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #2,856 of 3,591
Just bought a pair of these after my attempt at being frugal with some Ananda Nano headphones failed. Really looking forward to them as the Nano was extremely uncomfortable after only about 30 min-1 hour use. The Nano also wasn't suited very well for gaming/movies and I'm hoping the punch dynamic drivers like the 109 have will be better. (I use headphones about 70% for music and 30% for gaming/movies). I'm willing to take a bit of a loss on detail if I can actually enjoy listening to music, movies, and gaming with the comfort vs going crazy trying to adjust the headphones due to pain every 10 mins.

Sep 22, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #2,857 of 3,591
I am still trying to figure that out. Not nearly as dynamic as my Clear's. Probably closer to the S2's. I am going to run them through my tube amps today.
I do find the bass a bit soft, the mids are awesome and the treble certainly has a lot of air/space.

I am on day 5 and still trying to figure out how I feel about them. Great with rock, variable with jazz, etc.

The only thing I know for sure is that I don't hate or dislike them. Just trying to see where they fit in the collection.
Any more thoughts or opinions on this headphone? When you say not nearly as dynamic as the Clear, do you mean less physicality, or a slower transient response? I really enjoyed my Clear MG while I had it. Good speed and dynamics, some of the best I'd heard... Until I discovered my two Kennertons which stepped it up a notch. I still can't decide if I need these. You say they're great with rock?

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #2,859 of 3,591
eighter the pads break once you take them off or i am to stupid to put them on again i tried so many times now and i i get mad every time i just should have left them on. how the hell should i take them on without knowing where to start?

Deja vu around the corner :)

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #2,862 of 3,591
Any more thoughts or opinions on this headphone? When you say not nearly as dynamic as the Clear, do you mean less physicality, or a slower transient response? I really enjoyed my Clear MG while I had it. Good speed and dynamics, some of the best I'd heard... Until I discovered my two Kennertons which stepped it up a notch. I still can't decide if I need these. You say they're great with rock?
They are not that far from the Clear's. I am now on day eight. Wednesday and Thursday I was A-B'ing with these and the Clear's. When it comes to rock and pop/rock, which is a Lot of my listening, they are in the same range, to me. The biggest difference I find is with jazz. The 109's seem to be looser, especially in the high end.

I say the 109's have softer bass and then I will play a song that goes seriously deep in the bass. I am definitely keeping these. I think these are in the same category as the OG Clear's, HD660S2's, iBasso SR2's and Nectar Ambrosia's.

Seeing as I am not going to be stepping up to $2K, $3K and $4K headphones, I think I am done for quite a while. I had been determined a few years ago to find a few sets of closed backs and open backs that I could be happy with. Maybe four to six sets, in total.

I have certainly done that, except the final number seems to be ten. But that includes a Koss cheapie set for mobile use and two sets of closed backs.

I am going to run these for the rest of the weekend. I did notice some flaws last weekend but they seem to have faded away. Or maybe I just haven't been listening to enough jazz this week. :smile:

Currently listening to Mercury Rev performing Bobbie Gentry's The Delta Sweete Revisited.
Awesome!:thumbsup:

I Would recommend these, but of course I got a very good price, buying used. At full price I would say you should try them out first, if you can.

PS: The last couple of hours have been BF2 to Valhalla 2 to my 109's.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #2,863 of 3,591
They are not that far from the Clear's. I am now on day eight. Wednesday and Thursday I was A-B'ing with these and the Clear's. When it comes to rock and pop/rock, which is a Lot of my listening, they are in the same range, to me. The biggest difference I find is with jazz. The 109's seem to be looser, especially in the high end.

I say the 109's have softer bass and then I will play a song that goes seriously deep in the bass. I am definitely keeping these. I think these are in the same category as the OG Clear's, HD660S2's, iBasso SR2's and Nectar Ambrosia's.

Seeing as I am not going to be stepping up to $2K, $3K and $4K headphones, I think I am done for quite a while. I had been determined a few years ago to find a few sets of closed backs and open backs that I could be happy with. Maybe four to six sets, in total.

I have certainly done that, except the final number seems to be ten. But that includes a Koss cheapie set for mobile use and two sets of closed backs.

I am going to run these for the rest of the weekend. I did notice some flaws last weekend but they seem to have faded away. Or maybe I just haven't been listening to enough jazz this week. :smile:

Currently listening to Mercury Rev performing Bobbie Gentry's The Delta Sweete Revisited.
Awesome!:thumbsup:

I Would recommend these, but of course I got a very good price, buying used. At full price I would say you should try them out first, if you can.

PS: The last couple of hours have been BF2 to Valhalla 2 to my 109's.
What do you mean by looser? Not as accurate and articulate, not as good separation?

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #2,864 of 3,591
What do you mean by looser? Not as accurate and articulate, not as good separation?
I will suck at trying to explain this but...
With extended or dense treble stuff, like jazz horns just wailing, sometimes it seemed the notes stretched out or just faded away. Unlike the bass and mids which have obvious beginnings and endings.

The guy I bought these from said that they had too much treble for him. I asked him if it was high pitched vocals, horns or something else that got to him? He then said that no it was more that there was too much space or air in the high end. I had NO idea what he was talking about. Now I do. Some treble notes fade out rather than end. I have never heard this before and I have gone through about 45 headphones so far.

Told ya I'd suck at it! :smile: I think I have been subconsciously avoided jazz for a few days. This weekend I will hop on the jazz train for the weekend. If I can get a better sense of what I was talking about or actual examples of what I mean, I will come back and note them.

PS: A lack of separation might be a good description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back