Meze Audio 109 Pro
Sep 15, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #256 of 3,506
Just picked them up in NYC at Audio46. I have the Empyreans and what stands out the most is the Treble. Far more in your face.

I just love them. Comfort wise its just next level
That’s awesome regarding the comfort! How’s the bass?

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #258 of 3,506
I like them more then the Empyreans, i know its weird. The bass is so on point. It slams hard. I was looking for something like this for a while now
That's good to hear! I'm more of an articulate bass person with a bit of slam here and there.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #259 of 3,506
Just picked them up in NYC at Audio46. I have the Empyreans and what stands out the most is the Treble. Far more in your face.

I just love them. Comfort wise its just next level
Treble is more in your face with the Empy or the 109? I really hope these aren't hot and bright, I'll have to bow out if so.
As for reviews, I prefer to stick to the Head Fi thread and reviews. Try to find commonalities and access from there.

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #260 of 3,506
Treble is more in your face with the Empy or the 109? I really hope these aren't hot and bright, I'll have to bow out if so.
As for reviews, I prefer to stick to the Head Fi thread and reviews. Try to find commonalities and access from there.
Treble is more pronounced on the 109. they didn't over do it. Just a bit more then Emypreans which is honestly what i was looking for

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #261 of 3,506
Treble is more pronounced on the 109. they didn't over do it. Just a bit more then Emypreans which is honestly what i was looking for
Thank you. Do you think it could be a bit much for someone who is moderately treble sensitive, especially in the upper mids and lower treble? Did you find it shouty at all?

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #263 of 3,506
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #264 of 3,506
It seems some of the reviewers I used to watch don't post anymore, and I've tried watching these two, and not my cup of tea; I mean, no offense, but I miss Tyll. He gave the best reviews. With that said, any other reviewers on YouTube that anyone can recommend others I quoted, and please not that Z guy.
Definitely @WaveTheory and @Sajid Amit channels are my top one (even tho they have a pretty different approach), given they have the experience, they are not affiliate with anything and they get to the point.

The most important thing with reviewers in general is to understand their taste and background, so you can find one you resonate with. How can I relate to a review made by someone who's best amp in the world is a topping A90, listen mostly to vocal/acoustic oriented music and never get even a little technical about what he is reviewing (or don't own a TOTL gear)?
That would be a mistake on my side, since I don't like topping stuff, I listen mostly to instrumental heavy music and I like to understand things.

I really like Andrew (the headphone show) and his review style, but you can tell there is something a bit off when he doesn't get to the meat and keep the tone a bit vague and soft on his opinions/conclusions. And it is fine, as everything, as long as you are aware of the situation.
DMS is also cool and enjoyable, it's just we listen to different music in different ways.

@Currawong is also pretty venerable and has a lot of experience with high end gear.

Sep 16, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #269 of 3,506
It seems some of the reviewers I used to watch don't post anymore, and I've tried watching these two, and not my cup of tea; I mean, no offense, but I miss Tyll. He gave the best reviews. With that said, any other reviewers on YouTube that anyone can recommend others I quoted, and please not that Z guy.
The Z guys channel, in my opinion, is mostly for entertainment purposes. His new review of the Little Dot Zero is hilarious, we should stop taking him seriously as a reviewer though :sweat_smile:

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #270 of 3,506
So I got them! However, it is NOT what I expected because one earpad was not applied AND it still has the plastic inside. I'm not sure wether to remove the plastic or not. Seriously, what the f__k is this?!

Pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/mc2fK0r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back