Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #5,416 of 7,696
Beatiful. How old are they? :)

Just pulled the trigger on the Meze 99 Noir... I just cannot not get them.

Only a few months old. And thanks. :o2smile:

You'll love the Classics, I guarantee it!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #5,417 of 7,696
Only a few months old. And thanks. :o2smile:

You'll love the Classics, I guarantee it!

I owned them before - gave them back due to only wanting to have one pair of headphones (the MSR7b in this case) , but fork it.. Life is too short and the Meze's sound sooo lovely. :beerchug::beyersmile:

I'll now begin to just keep multiple headphones... the Meze's are truly something special anyway with their you-can-replace-anything-if-something-breaks built and sound signature which would prob satisfy nearly anyone.

Your picture is now my wallpaper at work btw!! :*

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #5,418 of 7,696
Nice picture indeed!

Would really like to give these headphones a try. I'm looking for a closed back bass heavy headphone, so this should do the trick. However, the Massdrop price is not good enough, since the price will be close to the original price after import taxes etc. Hopefully these headphones will be released on a EU drop soon. The looks are way better than the originals!

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #5,421 of 7,696

As do I! The 99 Classics have such a "classic" sound that's smooth and engaging. Had another multi-hour listening session with my xDSD on Saturday night.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #5,422 of 7,696
I owned them before - gave them back due to only wanting to have one pair of headphones (the MSR7b in this case) , but fork it.. Life is too short and the Meze's sound sooo lovely. :beerchug::beyersmile:

I'll now begin to just keep multiple headphones... the Meze's are truly something special anyway with their you-can-replace-anything-if-something-breaks built and sound signature which would prob satisfy nearly anyone.

Your picture is now my wallpaper at work btw!! :*

I'm really flattered that you used it as a wallpaper. Thanks so much!

And yes, the balanced Mezes sound lovely indeed. I haven't tested the standard 3.5mm cable with it for too long, but with my short time with it, I preferred the balanced cable. So yeah, guys, go balanced with it if you can!

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #5,423 of 7,696

And yes, the balanced Mezes sound lovely indeed. I haven't tested the standard 3.5mm cable with it for too long, but with my short time with it, I preferred the balanced cable. So yeah, guys, go balanced with it if you can!

I as well. Balanced seems to allow the 99 Classics sound to breath, giving greater definition, soundscape, and tighter bass. In a sense the sound can be described as effortless. In a way it adds more of a refined sound, which says a lot as most headphones I have tried in balance don't really sound too much different (besides needing a lot less power to achieve moderate listening volume).

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #5,424 of 7,696

Damn. Now I wish my LG V30 had a balanced output as well! :D Oh well, maybe I'll upgrade sometime soon in the future, since the ATH MSR7b comes with balanced cables alongside from the get go. So that is definitley something to look forward to. :)

Nice picture indeed!

Would really like to give these headphones a try. I'm looking for a closed back bass heavy headphone, so this should do the trick. However, the Massdrop price is not good enough, since the price will be close to the original price after import taxes etc. Hopefully these headphones will be released on a EU drop soon. The looks are way better than the originals!

May I ask where you live and how much you'd pay overall? They'll be shipped to Germany, so I just hope that I'll stay below 300€, which would be the price I'd pay here for the usual Classics. Even if I'd pay arround 290€ in total for the Noir, that would be fine - they are just so very nice looking with the black elements. *.*

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #5,425 of 7,696
May I ask where you live and how much you'd pay overall? They'll be shipped to Germany, so I just hope that I'll stay below 300€, which would be the price I'd pay here for the usual Classics. Even if I'd pay arround 290€ in total for the Noir, that would be fine - they are just so very nice looking with the black elements. *.*

It's going to be $200 + $5,.. (shipping) + 19% = around €215.

I ordered the Noir too (8th april), but they're taking their time... still on the wrong side of the atlantic...

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #5,426 of 7,696
It's going to be $200 + $5,.. (shipping) + 19% = around €215.

I ordered the Noir too (8th april), but they're taking their time... still on the wrong side of the atlantic...

Damn, that is really decent! Glad to hear that. Incredible how Massdrop is able to offer them for such a low price.. I mean they skip two cables and just ship one, the case seems to be made out of a cheaper material (maybe), but other than that it's still wood on the earcups and all. :xf_eek: The wait will kill me... thankfully I've received a link to track them, which is something. :D

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #5,427 of 7,696
The wait will kill me... thankfully I've received a link to track them, which is something. :D

Oversea shipping is always a pain... DHL took the Noir for some sightseeing for a few days, now it's resting since Friday. And of course there is still the German custom waiting along the way :anguished:

My last Massdrop order took about three weeks...

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #5,428 of 7,696
How is the isolation on these? Would I be able to listen to pretty loud volumes at say a local coffee shop without disturbing others?

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #5,429 of 7,696
Alright, I joined the drop, after much back and forth. I’m still liking my H6 but I’ve been so curious about hearing these and at a price of $200 I feel I’m not taking a huge loss if I don’t like them. If I do like them then I’m in trouble haha. I’d have to choose between the two probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back