Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #5,387 of 7,704
Yall defend the classics like evangelists defend their God...

For real, people have different opinions. Almost like you have compulsive need to defend the Classics.

E.g., there's more than "a few" that don't like the Classics sound, clearly.

lol :)

I don't think they are at full potential in the default state either :)

This is why I tinkered with them and added EQ.

Apr 13, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #5,388 of 7,704
Yall defend the classics like evangelists defend their God...

For real, people have different opinions. Almost like you have compulsive need to defend the Classics.

E.g., there's more than "a few" that don't like the Classics sound, clearly.

Ya, about as much as you at every turn like to take a dump on what people enjoy with your CONSTANT negativity towards the 99 Classics. Why don't you unsubscribe from this thread an go about your life in a more constructive and positive manner eh?!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #5,389 of 7,704
Ya, about as much as you at every turn like to take a dump on what people enjoy with your CONSTANT negativity towards the 99 Classics. Why don't you unsubscribe from this thread an go about your life in a more constructive and positive manner eh?!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I've actually been having legitimate conversations and giving advice to people on this thread until someone like you come along and make me feel bad for having a different opinion.

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #5,390 of 7,704
I've actually been having legitimate conversations and giving advice to people on this thread until someone like you come along and make me feel bad for having a different opinion.

And just the other day you were mentioning how the new pads ruined the sound and basically just repeating things I've said all along, and now you wanna act like I'm the only one who thinks this about these headphones.

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #5,391 of 7,704

I am not picking on you (and only you for that matter) because you dislike the 99 Classics, it's the way you go about it, that all. Helping people doesn't involve trash-talking a headphone and essentially mocking people who do. Be more constructive in your criticism and show a little tact while doing so.
i.e. " Yall defend the classics like evangelists defend their God... "

:sunglasses:

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #5,392 of 7,704
I am not picking on you (and only you for that matter) because you dislike the 99 Classics, it's the way you go about it, that all. Helping people doesn't involve trash-talking a headphone and essentially mocking people who do. Be more constructive in your criticism and show a little tact while doing so.
i.e. " Yall defend the classics like evangelists defend their God... "

:sunglasses:

I dont mean to bash them. I just find it odd how you seem to flip flop your opinions on this headphone and then get offended when i critique it.

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #5,395 of 7,704
Hey, guys.

If you have a decent mobile, I encourage you to try the Neutralizer app. It's a personalized equalizer based on the frequencies you hear more and less in each headset. With the Meze 99 classics I have achieved a great balance.

I'm travelling, but when I come back, I'll also publish the parametric graphs of the pads version 3 (the big ones) and version 2 (medium ones) to be able to see the difference in sound behavior between them.

If someone has version 1 we could compare them with version 3 and have more data.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #5,396 of 7,704
It's like the Senn 58x Jubilee. I found it to be too overly veiled for me while also lacking subbass, while others find it simply fantastic. I don't EQ headphones either. So what did I do? I sold it and unsubbed from the thread. It's not a bad headphone, just not for me.

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #5,397 of 7,704
It's like the Senn 58x Jubilee. I found it to be too overly veiled for me while also lacking subbass, while others find it simply fantastic. I don't EQ headphones either. So what did I do? I sold it and unsubbed from the thread. It's not a bad headphone, just not for me.
Same thing I do. When I sell or trade out a headphone, I’m out of the thread. Actually simple “logic”

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #5,398 of 7,704
On the verge of pulling the trigger on the Meze 99 Noire... I owned the normal classics a week ago, gave them back because the MSR7b from Audio Technica has a wider soundstage and tighter bass alongside other things they do really well.

Still, the Noire look so nice and their sound is so very easy to listen to and enjoy... gotta admit, I miss them and even don't get me started on build quality. Trumps the MSR7b by a log shot. 200$ is also a really amazing price for what you get. Usually, you'd get the Neo with plastic cups, without the second pair of earpads.

About 20 hours left to decide and now I wanted to ask, do you guys think I can just re-sell them again if I don't require them anymore as in, well, they are not always available and thus kind of special?

In any case, I'm a bit hesitant but don't know why exactly. 180€ I'd pay, as opposed to the usual 280€.

Give me a reason guys! :D

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #5,399 of 7,704
On the verge of pulling the trigger on the Meze 99 Noire... I owned the normal classics a week ago, gave them back because the MSR7b from Audio Technica has a wider soundstage and tighter bass alongside other things they do really well.

Still, the Noire look so nice and their sound is so very easy to listen to and enjoy... gotta admit, I miss them and even don't get me started on build quality. Trumps the MSR7b by a log shot. 200$ is also a really amazing price for what you get. Usually, you'd get the Neo with plastic cups, without the second pair of earpads.

About 20 hours left to decide and now I wanted to ask, do you guys think I can just re-sell them again if I don't require them anymore as in, well, they are not always available and thus kind of special?

In any case, I'm a bit hesitant but don't know why exactly. 180€ I'd pay, as opposed to the usual 280€.

Give me a reason guys! :D
I'm on the edge, too.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #5,400 of 7,704
Hey, guys.

If you have a decent mobile, I encourage you to try the Neutralizer app. It's a personalized equalizer based on the frequencies you hear more and less in each headset. With the Meze 99 classics I have achieved a great balance.

I'm travelling, but when I come back, I'll also publish the parametric graphs of the pads version 3 (the big ones) and version 2 (medium ones) to be able to see the difference in sound behavior between them.

If someone has version 1 we could compare them with version 3 and have more data.
I'm curious how posting graphs would help? Isn't this app designed to help the individual user, based on which frequencies that person here's better or worse? None the less, I'm curious. Going to see where it takes me tonight after work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back