Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #4,651 of 7,695
For me, there is not so much difference between the v.3 and v.1 pads. In fact, at first I came to hate the sound of small pads, as they need burn-in.

Now I like the sound of the v.1 pads, but I still like the sound of the v.3 pads.

The bass in the small pads are smaller and less intrusive, but on the other hand the voices (mostly male) have lost some strength.

The rest of the differences are not very significant. The Meze 99, after a good burn-in period for both drivers and pads, are excellent for their price in both small and large original pads.

Enjoy them whatever your pads are, as much as I do.

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #4,652 of 7,695
For me, there is not so much difference between the v.3 and v.1 pads. In fact, at first I came to hate the sound of small pads, as they need burn-in.

Now I like the sound of the v.1 pads, but I still like the sound of the v.3 pads.

The bass in the small pads are smaller and less intrusive, but on the other hand the voices (mostly male) have lost some strength.

The rest of the differences are not very significant. The Meze 99, after a good burn-in period for both drivers and pads, are excellent for their price in both small and large original pads.

Enjoy them whatever your pads are, as much as I do.
Pad burn in lol...that doesn't sound safe. I'd call it, Break In. LOL :D

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #4,655 of 7,695
Can someone please tell me if these pictured have the old or new pads? I can't tell - Thx
Screenshot_2018-12-31-14-34-52.png

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #4,656 of 7,695
Can someone please tell me if these pictured have the old or new pads? I can't tell - Thx

Please take a picture showing the inside of the pad. (and preferably better quality picture)

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #4,659 of 7,695
Unfortunately, I can't. It's an ebay listing. This is the only other picture provided, but I think I can see some stitching on the inside of the pad.

I see I see, and what I see ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) is smooth inside lining to the pads. I will say originals? But in the first pict it kind of looks wrinkly....
Smooth= originals
Wrinkly= new

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #4,663 of 7,695
Happy New Year's folks!

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back