Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #421 of 500
I've got the Octave MK1, Octave MK2 and the Hex. The sound of the two octave DACs is virtually identical, nothing close to the richness and fullness of the Hex. I have these connected to a very transparent Bryston/PMC 22 system and the Hex was worth ever penny. If you mask your sound with tubes, you may not notice as much difference.

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #423 of 500
I've got the Octave MK1, Octave MK2 and the Hex. The sound of the two octave DACs is virtually identical, nothing close to the richness and fullness of the Hex. I have these connected to a very transparent Bryston/PMC 22 system and the Hex was worth ever penny. If you mask your sound with tubes, you may not notice as much difference.

Ha Ha I like it, mask your sound with tubes. Maybe you should try a top NOS tubed DAC and come back here! I have tried many many Delta-Sigma SS DACs and find only tubed NOS DACs sound realistic and fatigue free to me. Get one home for an few days, not listen for 30 minutes at a demo or show. Then you will see, trust me....

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #425 of 500
Is the Pavane worth the extra dollars over the Hex? Dunno, the Hex is awful good.

Just unpacked my new toy... Give me a day or so, will report.

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #429 of 500
Is the Pavane worth the extra dollars over the Hex? Dunno, the Hex is awful good.

Just unpacked my new toy... Give me a day or so, will report.
Am eager to hear any info on your tests :)

Any updates?

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #431 of 500
Sorry guys. I had a death in the family late last week so I haven't had much free time.

Will post my thoughts on the Pavane soon.

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #434 of 500
My father-in-law passed away.

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #435 of 500
@CorvetteGarage   Sorry for your loose.

Really looking forward to your impressions.  Wanting to know if you experience any roll of at either end.  Also how the bass impact and dynamics are.  Is it a bright / warm / or neutral DAC?

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back