Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC
Aug 11, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #65 of 71
I have been living comfortably with an old Theta Digital DS Pro progeny A. This DAC only boasts 108 dB of dynamic range.. fairly close to the Gumby in measured performance. Albeit a completely different beast.. less neutral more warm with unbelievable dynamics and slam factor.. treble never hitting peaks or having a flattened out soundstage like many cheaper delta sigma DACs. I am ready though to take the plunge. I want the best technology available at the moment and I see Metrum is offering something no one else is at the price.. a full 24 bit R2R DAC that is capable of true 140 dB of dynamic range. Now I have never owned a NOS DAC but with 24 bits a realized performance I dont see why oversampling is necessary. I really dont think I have any nearby vendors of this DAC but I am willing to make sacrifices and go out and purchase on a whim. I feel like for what this DAC is offering people should have their sites focused on the Menuet if what they are looking for is in the price range of a Yggy or Hugo 2. I may try to contact a popular local stereo hi-fi shop to see if they have on in stock and if I can demo it in one of their many listening rooms. Wheww.. I am feeling excited and anxious about the hobby/obsession again except this time the DAC will be used with my speakers... welcome to Head-fi.. sorry about your wallet.. moved to speakers.. again sorry about my wallet

Aug 11, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #66 of 71
Menuet appears to be discontinued, and at the moment there's no direct replacement in the Metrum line-up.
This could mean better prices from the vendors who still have stock, but it may also be harder to find.

It's a fantastic DAC and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #67 of 71
Menuet appears to be discontinued, and at the moment there's no direct replacement in the Metrum line-up.
This could mean better prices from the vendors who still have stock, but it may also be harder to find.

It's a fantastic DAC and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Looks like Menuet is getting phased out for another line of products. I may have to look at the Jade or Amethyst DAC coming out soon. Thanks for the heads up!! I am sure Metrum will fill the gap for an awesome DAC at a price point lower than the Pavane. I will wait and see.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #68 of 71
I bought the menu a few months ago and am very pleased. It will be possible to upgrade to dac two as for Pavane.:)

111.jpg

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #70 of 71
Have not yet released the update, I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back