Metro.fi 200v w/ mic for 24.99 @ amazon
Jun 19, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #61 of 94
The Metro.Fi has tons of base -- he might just like them, depending on age and preferred genres. I did not mean to bum anyone out. Don't take my word for it, maybe you guys will like them and think I am FOS. No right or wrong here, right?

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #62 of 94
true, he is 15 so he may welcome the bass....I figure they have to be better than the earbuds lol
I was going to go for the ALs but they look hard to wear/bulky, plus having to do them over the ear may bother since he wears glasses

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #63 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeZsaZsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
true, he is 15 so he may welcome the bass....I figure they have to be better than the earbuds lol
I was going to go for the ALs but they look hard to wear/bulky, plus having to do them over the ear may bother since he wears glasses

Forget about it... with glasses that is. These stick out Frankenstein style. Do not subject the poor boy to that kind of inhumane treatment.
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #64 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by az2123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn, looks like I should've gotten ALs instead of Apple. Haha nevertheless, thanks for the impressions.

You won't be disappointed with the ADDIEMs, I don't think.

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #65 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forget about it... with glasses that is. These stick out Frankenstein style. Do not subject the poor boy to that kind of inhumane treatment.
wink.gif

I manage to wear the 3336s with glasses, all the time. I find them very comfy with the Sony hybrid tips, large in my case.

Funny how people perceive things differently. I have a friend who dumped his Ety H5s (gave them to his wife) for the 200v to use with his iPhone. He likes the bass the 200v delivers. I was listening to them yesterday at my desk, and don't find them crappy (with the Clip/T4 combo and a little EQing). As you say, no wrong opinions. There are a few others who liked them at the $25 price point. I would not pay $99 for them, but that's my new IEM strategy. Under $50 or over $250 - nothing in between.

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #66 of 94
The Metrofi's are just fine and the don't make you look "freakish" and the "base" isn't that bad. They cost $25 and have a remote and a iphone mic. For knocking around, just fine. I do need to find other tips. The supplied ones are too slick once the sweat starts happening.

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #67 of 94
^^^^^
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? Maybe that explains your tin ears too...

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #69 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^^^
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? Maybe that explains your tin ears too...

So hostile. I guess my ears are tinny too. Oh well.

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #70 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Metrofi's are just fine and the don't make you look "freakish" and the "base" isn't that bad. They cost $25 and have a remote and a iphone mic. For knocking around, just fine. I do need to find other tips. The supplied ones are too slick once the sweat starts happening.

Just as an FYI, he meant the 336s are ugly sticking out of your ears, not the MF 200v (the jab about reading comprehension). But no reason to be so nasty, agree.

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #71 of 94
Ordered a pair after reading through this and another thread. tstarn06, I saw your review on Amazon, which sealed the deal for me. Looking forward to giving these a listen.

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #73 of 94
^ Me too! My IEM exploits have essentially been limited to the EP630 and CX300, so I'll be interested in hearing what higher-caliber portables sound like.

Jun 22, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #74 of 94
Are the metroFis good for sleeping? They do not look like they stick out too much, but verification from an owner would be great.

Thanks
Nkk

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #75 of 94
Might not be right for sleeping, as they do not sit flush with ear. Unless, of course, you can sleep sitting up. I use W3s when snoozing, as they are flush with my outer ear. So I would say no to that question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back