Messenger Bag.... Fi!
Mar 4, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #61 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChromeJob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yuck ... how about "none of the above?" Okay, seriously, the Chrome bag was the only 1 that seemed good and sturdy and attractive. Seems they make serious biker/messenger stuff.

Lol they are all professional real messenger bag companies. Chrome being the least serious. I think I am going to get a seagull bag. They make them to order and you can pick the colors you want and make it totally custom.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #63 of 260
I only like professional-looking messenger bags with clean lines.

Jack Spade messenger bags:

10101-907079-p.jpg

8246-594924-p.jpg

Current Banana Republic model:

br713312-00p01v01.jpg

Previous Banana Republic model (which I own):

br67121200vliv01.jpg

J Crew "Artisan" messenger bag:

erez

InCase laptop bag:
black1.jpg

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #64 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only like professional-looking messenger bags with clean lines.

Jack Spade messenger bags:

10101-907079-p.jpg

8246-594924-p.jpg

i was a Jack Spade early adopter, back when he first opened his boutique in Soho. love the way the bags look, but they completely fell apart on me... terribly made.

perhaps they're better made now that they're mass produced?

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #65 of 260
I had the same problem with the green Jack Spade shown above, it is sold as a laptop bag with the internal sleeve but if you actually carry anything as heavy as a laptop the stitching on the strap pulls out and makes the bag useless unless you just carry paper and an iPod in the side pocket..

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #66 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same problem with the green Jack Spade shown above, it is sold as a laptop bag with the internal sleeve but if you actually carry anything as heavy as a laptop the stitching on the strap pulls out and makes the bag useless unless you just carry paper and an iPod in the side pocket..

Wow... that's terrible. What's the point of getting one.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #68 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jack Spade make very sturdy, hard-to-soak canvas bags that have high prices sometimes, but you can find some very good older ones, basically identical to the new ones, on Zappos for under $200. They have a clean look that I like.

Since you're willing to approach $300, I'd take a look at this. Nau are another company I really, really like. I have several of their jackets. That particular bag, which seems just about bombproof, is too big for me since my laptop is a 13". I wish they'd make a smaller one just like it.

X2 for Jack Spade very clean and stream lined. Mine seem indistructable

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #69 of 260
I have two Crumpler messengers that I use regularly (depending on how much I have to carry

A Deus Complete Seed (Deus is a local custom motorcycle company from Sydney)

CSDEUS-img01-bde3f080-c66f-4371-bc44-0205c2d0f801.png

...and a Western Lawn which is my everyday thrash bag

The%2BWestern%2BLawn%2B%28black%2Bgrey%29.jpg

Both nice and simple while still having enough pockets for all my gear and plenty of space (the Complete Seed will easily carry three six-packs, a whole case at a pinch
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #70 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some good suggestions here... thanks!

i've really got my eye one this one right now:

mg005_1.jpg

it's the Sackett Messenger by Moore & Giles

a little update...

to see which i like better, i ordered this bag in both the brompton midnight color (above) and the hand-rubbed citation sahara:

first of all, they're both really nice, and very well made.

they're not just different colors, but different leathers. the sahara bag is somewhat darker than the one in the photo above. it definitely looks hand-rubbed... it has a worn-in, well-traveled feel with very soft (but sturdy) leather.

the brompton midnight bag has a slight shine to it, the leather feels crisp and new (and stiff). it's got a sleek, sophisticated urban look to it... it feels like a city bag, while the sahara feels more like a country bag... or rather, a well-traveled satchel.

one thing that comes to mind... i will be able to age the blue bag myself, and give it character, whereas the sahara bag comes pre-charactered.

hmmmm.... what to do, what to do.
confused.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #71 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hand-rubbed citation sahara:

I like the hand-rubbed sahara. After your previous post, I followed the links from the blue bag to this bag. I was seriously thinking about getting it. It's beautiful, but I need something a little bigger than 13" long...

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #72 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's beautiful, but I need something a little bigger than 13" long...

You need to stop sleeping around
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #74 of 260
How many hours of carrying around books/laptops does a messenger bag need in order to be properly burned in? I bought a new bag and have been walking around the city all day with 20 lbs of books hoping to burn it in. Thanks for any advice.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #75 of 260
Messenger bag burn in. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back