Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #723 of 1,003
Hi Salavat,

Welcome to the Explorer club. Nice to hear that you are satisfied. With which software are you using the Explorer?

I have Mac, so I use TIDAL app to listen MQA, for offline records (to listen MQA) I found Jriver, which does light up blue light for MQA playback, but I do not like interface. At all )).

Any other decent players on Mac with passthrough of MQA decoding?

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #724 of 1,003
I have Mac, so I use TIDAL app to listen MQA, for offline records (to listen MQA) I found Jriver, which does light up blue light for MQA playback, but I do not like interface. At all )).

Any other decent players on Mac with passthrough of MQA decoding?

Hii

I have no idea of MAC since I am on Windows

But any software being able to playback bitpetfect should do

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #725 of 1,003
Hii

I have no idea of MAC since I am on Windows

But any software being able to playback bitpetfect should do

Meridian contains a ASIO driver if I remember correctly. Just search for a program that you need that has options for ASIO bitperfect playback.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #726 of 1,003
Okay really like this combo. Great pairing and amazing power reserves. MQA tracks really can breath with the Jot

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #730 of 1,003
Works great with my CIEMs. And these NT6 usually reveal hiss because of their sensitivity despite a pretty high impedance. I can't even use my E07k with them because there is so much hiss. My Me2 has a silent background though. Those people that have hiss, I wonder if it has to do with a noisy USB source?

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #731 of 1,003
Works great with my CIEMs. And these NT6 usually reveal hiss because of their sensitivity despite a pretty high impedance. I can't even use my E07k with them because there is so much hiss. My Me2 has a silent background though. Those people that have hiss, I wonder if it has to do with a noisy USB source?

Nope, different levels of ear sensitivity and IEM sensitivity. I use an Ifi iUSB 3.0 and have plenty of hiss with Shure se535, se846, and I'm sure many other models.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #732 of 1,003
Nope, different levels of ear sensitivity and IEM sensitivity. I use an Ifi iUSB 3.0 and have plenty of hiss with Shure se535, se846, and I'm sure many other models.

iUSB has nothing to do with the hiss. You can get a higher impedance adapter to lower the sensitivity.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #734 of 1,003
The 846 are no surprise, those hiss with everything. Just double checked. Was using line out to my O2 most of the time which is very quiet. Yep, there is hiss but it is barely noticeable until I get to painful volumes. BTW I wasn't accusing you of having a noisy USB source, just wondering if it was contributing to it. Obviously not if you have an iUSB :)

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #735 of 1,003
Actually found that current version of Audirvana (2.6) plays local MQA files nicely, with blue led light. Looking forward to release of version 3, which supposed to provide full support of MQA and probably playback of TIDAL master albums (though it can right now, if you save master quality album to your Music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back