Memory Wire Poking Through Rubber Casing - MEelectronics M6
Aug 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AdemoS

New Head-Fier

Left Earphone

Right Earphone

These headphone are the MEElectronics M6.

Somehow, the wire inside has begun to poke into the rubber casing.

1. I have read reviews that said these headphones are safe to use while working out, so I have been using them for that.
  2. I have been storing them in their case, but occasionally in my pocket.

Can anyone tell me what might cause this issue?

And should I switch brands, or switch my usage habits?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 12
From the looks of things, that's just the memory wire. You should be fine.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for the quick reply, TheGame21x.

Are you sure it's fine?

1. It seems like the rubber-casing is going to split open?
  2. Is it normal for the memory wire to poke through?
  3. Do you know why this occurs and if there's a way to restore the memory wire's original position?

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 12
The memory wire looks exactly the same on my pair of M6s that I've had for a few months now and I've had no problems with them so far. As far as I know, that's perfectly normal for the M6 and the position the wire is currently in is where they are from the start so there's no need to worry about getting them back in their original position.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 12
Well thank you for sharing your experience TheGame21x, it's comforting to hear that I don't have to worry.

I'm still curious though; when I got the headphones the memory wire was hidden inside, now it's poking out...but I guess it doesn't matter was long as the wire doesn't pop out.

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
I just removed my memory wire with a bit of patience and small cuticle scissors and I've been happier without.

x2. The new steel memory wire is far better than the old copper version, but nonetheless, I still found them more comfortable without. Stripped of the memory wire, I'd rank the M6 as the most comfortable IEM I've had the pleasure of using.

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
aconteceu said:

I just removed my memory wire with a bit of patience and small cuticle scissors and I've been happier without.

But is there any risk of damage, if I keep the wire in?

I personally don't mind the wire.

Quote:
JxK said:

x2. The new steel memory wire is far better than the old copper version, but nonetheless, I still found them more comfortable without. Stripped of the memory wire, I'd rank the M6 as the most comfortable IEM I've had the pleasure of using.

Is there any way to check which type of wire I have, without opening up the rubber casing?

My pair shipped to me, on June 14, 2010.

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 12
You have the steel memory wire. The copper wire was only in production for a short while. And trust me, you'd know if you had the copper wire. For that matter, so would we since you'd be complaining about the fit.
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 12
If you can move the memory wire easily then you don't have the copper :p That was such a pita and I sold it very fast and probably my record for shortest duration I've owned any earphone. I've tried the steel one and it's much better and acts like a normal memory wire where you can actually move it easily.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #12 of 12
Just removed the memory wire from my M6s last night and they're a great deal more comfortable. It was surprisingly easy as well, all it took was a knife, a pair of scissors and some patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back