Melbourne Meet 2010
Mar 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #256 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a proper three-group Wega machine there so need to bring your own machine...I think we need the power boards.

I'll be there at NOON.

See you all Saturday!

I'm so sorry that I forgot to tell you that.... I have only coffee machine (Espresso maker). And I don't have any bean grinder.
frown.gif

Or if you would like to have instant coffee, I can bring it (coffee and milk ^ ^)

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #257 of 368
^Its a cafe, so there'll be a machine as well as grinder I'm sure
regular_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally from what I have read, I would get the JH 13 Pro, but each to his own
biggrin.gif
nsx_23, are you buying the UE 18 Pro just because they are a lot cheaper (I assume) or because you feel as though you will like their sound sig more?

Its a little bit of both really. The 18pros are definitely a lot cheaper for me, but its also because from what I've read the 18 pros seem to sit between the 13 and 16pros in sound signature.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #258 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I can get a substantial amount lobbed off the price of the 18pro instead of the JH16.
wink.gif

Oh....wonder how much
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally from what I have read, I would get the JH 13 Pro, but each to his own
biggrin.gif
nsx_23, are you buying the UE 18 Pro just because they are a lot cheaper (I assume) or because you feel as though you will like their sound sig more?

I love my 13pro indeed. Misss 13pro sooo much
confused_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a little bit of both really. The 18pros are definitely a lot cheaper for me, but its also because from what I've read the 18 pros seem to sit between the 13 and 16pros in sound signature.

Oh well, I guess if you don mindm, next time we can try ur 18pro when it's done.
AND hope someone in Melb would have order JH16pro LOL

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #259 of 368
btw, just wonder....
I got the CD900ST, but it's in 1/4" plug, anyone can help me to change it into 3.5mm? LOL

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #260 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, I guess if you don mindm, next time we can try ur 18pro when it's done.
AND hope someone in Melb would have order JH16pro LOL

lol. I would love to try the 16pros. I don't think the 18pros would fit properly for others though
tongue.gif

Its still undecided. I might get the 11pros instead, who knows. I've sent the ear impressions off already though.

Deciding on a color for the UEs is tough
icon10.gif
I like the red color shown on the official photographs, but the smoked grey color thats on the UE11 pics on UE's customs webpage also looks really nice...

BTW, if anyone's interested in a pair of excellent condition TF10pros or my other IEMs then I'd be willing to let them go at a nice price for a local head-fier
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #262 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, just wonder....
I got the CD900ST, but it's in 1/4" plug, anyone can help me to change it into 3.5mm? LOL

I will bring Grado and Sennheiser 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapters
regular_smile .gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #263 of 368
Ummm Jamie from JHA replied and say my 13 and 5 would probably ship out today, but I doubt if they will arrive before the meet....

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #266 of 368
Would there be a spot for 1 more to attend?
Would fly in from Adelaide and can bring JVC DX1000, Macbook pro Amarra and M2tech Hiface. Stereovox VH2 and Canare 75 Ohm Dig cables

Would like to see how Aussie Headfiers do enjoy their music and toys.

Shade.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #268 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by t/sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would there be a spot for 1 more to attend?
Would fly in from Adelaide and can bring JVC DX1000, Macbook pro Amarra and M2tech Hiface. Stereovox VH2 and Canare 75 Ohm Dig cables

Would like to see how Aussie Headfiers do enjoy their music and toys.

Shade.

There's only 10 right now, I doubt one more would make it a crowd.

p.s: you'd fly in just to go to head fi meet?

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #270 of 368
Have some free time, it's either picking a ton of Cabernet grapes or Headfi.

Never been to Melbourne, what better reason could I have?

Warm up the amps.

See Ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back