Melbourne Meet 2010
Mar 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #226 of 368
Well then, I will just have to cryo-treat my own water. $50 an ounce can't be harmful.

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #227 of 368
what time are we supposed to get there,I don't want to be the first one to arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #228 of 368
I am always the last
tongue.gif
I need to get there early to set up all my audio gear
tongue.gif
I am taking an awful lot
biggrin.gif
BTW everyone bring CDs. I am going to burn some songs onto CDs of which I listen to the most. Highest quality possible
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #230 of 368
Well I will state this now: I hate pop, rap, hip hip and R&B. I would love to hear some well recorded classical with a very good system one day, to see what the fuss is all about
tongue.gif
My preferred genre is metal, but I like rock too. I don't listen to rock now (apart from the usual AC/DC), but I do have some good memories of when I listened to Gold every day
tongue.gif
I am guessing not one person going likes metal but me? bands I like include In Flames, All That Remains, DevilDriver, Lamb of God, Metallica, Pantera, Slayer (although I do admit I have barely listened to those two much at all), Slipknot and a few more.

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #233 of 368
I can provide metal for myself, as I don't think anyone else listens to it
tongue.gif
Rock is more fun to listen though, I must admit. I mainly listen to metal for the riffs and coz all my friends do. Doesn't really make me happy listening to it
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #234 of 368
Ah yes, I remember owning a USB, well 7. Until they all got stolen at school -.-

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #235 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My wife actually works at the cafe so guess who will be making the coffees? :)

So you're making the coffee?
tongue.gif

I'll bring some of my own beans if you like. Bought some from victoria market the other day.

I don't have an industrial grade machine at home, so I'd love to really try what the beans taste like.

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #239 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the feeling we're going to need more powerboards.

I got two with surge protection, I will probably need one whole one to myself xD I got quite a few cables, will unplug from TV, DAC, monitor, computer, amp and PS3 and use there. Dunno if I have any spares though
frown.gif
Got an extension lead though.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #240 of 368
Hmmm, I don't have much good source material, may need to borrow some cds from someone.

I only keep At Fillmore East - The Allman Brothers Band (1992 ver) on my laptop, I'll copy over all the lossless stuff I have but it still isn't very much (~5 albums). If anyone wants me to, I could put on Beatles/Rolling Stones/The Clash/Hendrix discographies in mp3 320kbps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back