Melbourne Meet 2010
Mar 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #196 of 368
You're $300 behind me in the total of my current gear and oh so young so stang, take it easy
smily_headphones1.gif
. OR I might have been scammed in which case you have passed me.

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #197 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cost me $180 brand new with postage from NSW. Expensive, yes, but I didn't know about the FS forums here at that time
tongue.gif
Definately not portable. Some of the biggest cans that leak the most sound ever
tongue.gif

Would you recommend any for me
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #198 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're $300 behind me in the total of my current gear and oh so young so stang, take it easy
smily_headphones1.gif
. OR I might have been scammed in which case you have passed me.

Hahaha. Well, I used to spend an awful lot on my computer, mainly graphics cards and fans (sounds funny doesn't it). Now it is audio
tongue.gif
Hmm $300 behind eh... *goes and buys a Lavry DA11*. J/k
biggrin.gif
I do plan on getting that DAC one day, or at least the DA10. I still plan on getting a good SS amp like the LD MKVII and a couple more headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you recommend any for me
tongue_smile.gif

Portable headphones? Try the Audio Technica range like M50, ESW9 or ESW10JPN. I haven't tried any of those, but they seem to get recommended an awful lot
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #200 of 368
Yeah, but I am one of those people who want want want
biggrin.gif
I can't say "In about two years, I am going to buy a new set of cans". I am more of the person who says "I am going to buy a new pair of cans in a couple of weeks, even though I only have 50 hours on this pair".

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #201 of 368
Quote:

Portable headphones? Try the Audio Technica range like M50, ESW9 or ESW10JPN. I haven't tried any of those, but they seem to get recommended an awful lot
biggrin.gif

What should I expect to pay for a used pair.

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #202 of 368
I've got no idea unfortunately. ESW10JPN would be around $400usd or so. They are just like the ESW9 but has a MUCH nicer finish to it. An expensive pair of portable cans.

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #204 of 368
Yes, they do sound a tad better, FWIR. The M50 or ESW9 will be better picks than an Ultrasone for portability, but Ultrasones do sound great.

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #205 of 368
Quote:

Hahaha. Well, I used to spend an awful lot on my computer, mainly graphics cards and fans (sounds funny doesn't it). Now it is audio
tongue.gif
Hmm $300 behind eh... *goes and buys a Lavry DA11*. J/k
biggrin.gif
I do plan on getting that DAC one day, or at least the DA10. I still plan on getting a good SS amp like the LD MKVII and a couple more headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif

so i heard you need a new dac;

If you had $5000 to spend on a DAC what would you buy?

Best DACs under $10k?

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #206 of 368
Quote:

Yes, they do sound a tad better, FWIR. The M50 or ESW9 will be better picks than an Ultrasone for portability, but Ultrasones do sound great.

Since the ultrasones are closed why aren't they portable.

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #207 of 368
They are portable, but I see the M50 and ESW9/ESW10JPN recommended more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back