Melbourne Meet 2010
Mar 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #241 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're making the coffee?
tongue.gif

I'll bring some of my own beans if you like. Bought some from victoria market the other day.

I don't have an industrial grade machine at home, so I'd love to really try what the beans taste like.

I think I will bring the coffee machine (small size) to the meeting
biggrin.gif
However, it hasn't operated for a month....
ksc75smile.gif

I will bring my laptop and external HDD as my source (and iPod too) ^ ^

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #242 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I will bring the coffee machine (small size) to the meeting
biggrin.gif
However, it hasn't operated for a month....
ksc75smile.gif

I will bring my laptop and external HDD as my source (and iPod too) ^ ^

There's a proper three-group Wega machine there so need to bring your own machine...I think we need the power boards.

I'll be there at NOON.

See you all Saturday!

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #244 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a proper three-group Wega machine there so need to bring your own machine...I think we need the power boards.

I'll be there at NOON.

See you all Saturday!

I'll try and bring 2 power boards as well as an extension cable.

Going to need to start packing the car nice and early on Saturday
biggrin.gif

This meet should be great. Can't wait.

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #246 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need to co-opt an HD800 user. Anyone know one?

:)

I wish.

I did just purchase a Magnum Lite-MS2i. Sadly, I am not willing to pay for express post to get it in time for the meet.

Details on the mod here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/sy...m-lite-466517/

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #247 of 368
I will try to see if I can steal a powerboard from home if it's not in use LOL
Ummmm
Haven't been to VU, so hopefully can find it XD

Please check if I got all attendee's name. I will email contacts of me and Shawn to attendees by Friday.

Anyone would like to pick me up at the train station on the way maybe? LOL

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #248 of 368
oh and....JH still haven't ship out my 13pro and 5pro....but HOPEFULLY they will be able to reach me by the meet Q_Q

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #249 of 368
My DT880 have arrived, going to pick them up in a couple of hours
biggrin.gif
They arrived in Australia last night and arrived at my uncle's work (where I get all my stuff delivered to) at 9:37AM, nice
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #250 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh and....JH still haven't ship out my 13pro and 5pro....but HOPEFULLY they will be able to reach me by the meet Q_Q

I'm about to order UE18pros....but no way will I get them for the meet
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #251 of 368
Mar 16, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #252 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm about to order UE18pros....but no way will I get them for the meet
redface.gif

Why not the JH 16pro? LOL

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #253 of 368
Listening to the DT880's right now. Box was smashed up a lot, about 1/3rd of it was squished
frown.gif
Everything is fine though, was all wrapped up very nicely with bubble wrap, peanut foam etc. All I can say is the same impression is what I got from my HF-2 straight away. SOOOO different from my other cans. Very bassy and dark. The 2x3pin balanced XLR to 1/4" is of pretty poor quality, so this may change the sound a TINY bit, but I doubt I could tell the difference anyway. They are smaller than I was expecting, I thought they would be the size of my ATH-AD700, they are quite a bit smaller though.

With my HF-2, it took about a week or two to love them to bits. We will see if I start to like these DT880's. They are just soooo different to my Grado's though, closer to the ALO-780 in sound signature IMO. I am starting to dislike the ALO-780 now though
tongue.gif
We will see in 2 or 3 weeks if I am going to keep these or not
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Starting to enjoy these a lot more now, they seem to produce a sound of which I think is more "studio" like than Grado's and Ultrasone's. The drums sound more like drums, guitars not overpowering and shrilling etc. Sounds pretty darn natural to me
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's just hope these can replace my ALO-780, as I could sell those and get about $400 out of them for a new DAC
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't think burn in is real, I believe the mind adjusts to the sound. This happened with the Grado's as well, I cannot believe I went from "meh" to "Definitely my favourite cans!" in a couple of weeks. It can't be possible
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #255 of 368
Personally from what I have read, I would get the JH 13 Pro, but each to his own
biggrin.gif
nsx_23, are you buying the UE 18 Pro just because they are a lot cheaper (I assume) or because you feel as though you will like their sound sig more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back