Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #406 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick update, I already got rid of any hiss. I turned my computer sound to full and the amp volume adjusted a lot lower to listening level. I'm not sure if this is a good permanent solution but it seems ok.

That is actually the procedure that is recommended in the Corda Move manual: "For optimum sound quality in USB mode set the software volume control on your computer, both in the device driver settings and in your media-application to full volume. With non-maximal volume the digital resolution of the signal will be lowered and sound quality will be reduced."

Jul 14, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #407 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, the move DAC is not good for movies since it only does 44.1 (16bit) and 48 (16bit) not 192 (24bit). That one comment made by onedigit about the computer interference is really making me think twice about getting this as a DAC. I still have my Audigy 2 zs notebook (great for movies and good for music) for movies.

Don't make it wrong, all audio CD are in 44.1/16, those 24 bit etc. are just the sampling rate using in recording, not for playback. The audio tracks in DVD movies are just in compressed MEPG 2 format, worse than the uncompressed wave in audio CDs.

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #410 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevlock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, so how good is the Move's DAC in comparison to other options?

It didn't seem to flavor the input from iTunes vs that of an iPod connected directly to audio in. The Move's DAC is a step up from the junk in my work IBM T42 laptop or my HP Pavilion 'entertainment center' laptop. I only play redbook CDs through it, so the 44.1/48 sample rate is fine for that.

I did have a m-audio transit at one point and that DAC (24bit/96) was better than my MkIII. But, it didn't have an amp and I went with simplicity over daisy chaining units together.

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #411 of 1,165
Ah thanks for the replies. Now its got over 12 hours burn in under its belt, but I gotta listen more. The only thing It seems so far is that the upper mids are a little weaker than before. Snare hits dont seem as punctuated. I eq'd up the 1-4 K range a little bit and this works nicely. But this bass is glorious...

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #414 of 1,165
Quote:

Thanks for the input rwest1389. Maybe the mids will even out with a little more burn in time. Is the bass slamming or deep or both?

This is on my sr225s, but i think its mainly extension. It could be the DAC or amp or both, but the bass thats usually pretty rolled off is now strong and tight, but not overpowering.

EDIT: Btw, exactly one week to be shipped from Meier-Audio in Germany. I was impressed.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #415 of 1,165
Quote:

Is that high gain, high voltage mode that you are using?

I just noticed something else about the corda move.
The USB dac is also the same chip (PCM2704) used in meier home audio dac/amp as well as the MKIII.

How about a review with your K701 ElDanno?

It was using high-gain, high-current with a power adaptor.

I'm liking the K701's better than ever with the Move, i'm now listening to these almost exclusively when not on the go. The Move add's a noticeable amount of bass (deeper and more impact) than the headfive and are more enjoyable.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #416 of 1,165
I hate this thread.
It prompted me to get a Move which was going to be my last amp purchase.
However I like the Move so much I've just ordered an Opera Analog
eek.gif

There are many times when I tell myself I must stop visiting Headfi so much.

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #417 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how would the Move being running out of a Ipod Nano (Turbo
dock etc.)?

Heh...gimme a couple days and I'll be able to tell you with that exact set-up (nano 1st gen and turbodock). I want my move....

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #418 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate this thread.
It prompted me to get a Move which was going to be my last amp purchase.
However I like the Move so much I've just ordered an Opera Analog
eek.gif

There are many times when I tell myself I must stop visiting Headfi so much.

You are going to be so happy when its burned in. The Opera is quite an amp for the price.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #419 of 1,165
After 7 days of break-in and listening, I noticed that having PSU is a nice upgrade. The normal hiss that I hear when I increase or decrease the volume goes away with external PSU. The 9v batteries couldn't get rid of this. Now with external PSU, I can change the volume without hearing the hiss.

As for DAC performance, I have no experience with other DACs. But, it works fine under Windows XP, Mac OS (mine home), and Linux (ubuntu Feisty) without any issue.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #420 of 1,165
now i wonder how it stack up against Xin Reference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back