Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 14, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #391 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not know of such a beast. I believe that most of these DAC are more music oriented (44.1 bit). I really want to get the corda move but $235 is alot of money for a newb like myself.
I would really like to hear from other users who are using the move dac whether they experience the computer interference that onedigit experienced.

I've been trying out the Corda Move using the USB input today. I can confirm that at least for me, there is no static or any noise when connected to either my Macbook Pro or my Windows XP PC. The sound is clear and clean out of both.

This was using high-gain, with K701/MS1/PK1 headphones.

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #395 of 1,165
Quote:

I would really like to hear from other users who are using the move dac whether they experience the computer interference that onedigit experienced.

I received mine June 20th and have been using it 1/2 low and 1/2 high current mode and don't have any rumblings through my USB port. Then again, I wiggle my input jack and don't have issues there either. Perhaps I'm just lucky...

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #396 of 1,165
Quote:

You are right. Just got done reading about the bloat. That is really interesting. Check it out at www.hippohifi.com. Does anyone have the bloat? Give us a quick review on it please.

Yeah, I just read about it too. It appears to be made with quality components. Doesn't look like there's a volume knob or any way to hook my iPod/iMod into it, so I guess it is pretty specialized to a PC.

Although I don't use a battery all that often, I have used them on flights and airports and wouldn't like to whip out my laptop to listen to tunes. My laptop battery would never last a cross country trip + one hour in the waiting area. :frowning2: Oh well.

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #397 of 1,165
Any other alternatives to the move? The lack of rechargability is really hurting it for me, now that I think about the inconvenience of needing to replace the battery every week or so, as well as issues brought up about the quality of the DAC.

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #398 of 1,165
Well my move came today!!! Haven't had any burn-in time, but my first impressions (using sr225s) is it has smoooth, detailed and sweet mids and highs on a foundation of strong, pumping bass. Soundstage is also improved, I'm lovin it. Thats all ill say for now until its burned in. However, I do hear hiss on mine. Its still on default settings, Ill have more time to play around with it tomorrow. I'm using radioshaack 12v adapter but no 9v battery. Im going to try some things to reduce the hiss, but does anyone have any ideas?

Besides that, I'm very pleased. Its obvious the DAC is an improvement over stock sound card.

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #399 of 1,165
Quick update, I already got rid of any hiss. I turned my computer sound to full and the amp volume adjusted a lot lower to listening level. I'm not sure if this is a good permanent solution but it seems ok.

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #400 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevlock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other alternatives to the move? The lack of rechargability is really hurting it for me, now that I think about the inconvenience of needing to replace the battery every week or so, as well as issues brought up about the quality of the DAC.

There is always the option of an external charger/9v. The move itself isn't going to get you there. I think one of the RSA amps provide that if you were looking for a good amp + rechargable.

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #401 of 1,165
I'm currently burning the Move. I seems that I have a choice here. Use line-in or the DAC. Does it really matter?

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #402 of 1,165
Hey guys I currently only have the grado sr-60's

Was planning on doing a headphone update for this amp.

What do you think just go up the the 125 or 225?

Is the what 50$ difference worth it?

Thanks

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but figured I could get some thoughts from a MOVE prespective.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #404 of 1,165
The Bloat appears to have no volume control. This means that the incoming signal would typically be attenuated at the source. An attenuated source signal will degrade the performance of the DAC. To reach the potential performance of the Bloat, a full strength signal must be fed to the DAC and a volume control would be necessary between the Bloat and the headphones.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #405 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick update, I already got rid of any hiss. I turned my computer sound to full and the amp volume adjusted a lot lower to listening level. I'm not sure if this is a good permanent solution but it seems ok.

From the manual:

Quote:

For optimum sound quality in USB mode set the software volume control on your computer, both in the device driver settings and in your media-application to full volume. With non-maximal volume the digital resolution of the signal will be lowered and sound quality will be reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back