Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 13, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #376 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by onedigit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn’t say static. I said I could hear some computer noise in high gain, high current mode (a slight buzzing sound when moving the mouse around). Does anyone else hear that? Can anyone recommend a solution?

OD

Anyone experiencing this issue? I'm about to buy one but 200 eur is a lot for me... it better be a good, reliable choice...

It will be used to power the following headphones:
-Mylar X3 (just got them today and am very pleased)
-Sony CD3000
-Koss Portapro

Sources will be my desktop PC and a laptop... currently both have crap on-board soundcards (AC97 and nforce4)...

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #377 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this amp superior enough to the Xenos 1HA-EPC that I might want to buy it and give the Xenos to my son for college?

You won't regret it if you buy the Move and give it to your son.

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #380 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about some of the corda move owner, give us a review of the move with your reference headphones? Help out the community or help those who are on the edge about this amp.

It's too late for me now... I just ordered them. Dr. Jan Meier replied too quickly to my email
smily_headphones1.gif

I have now joined the "waiting for my parcel and will then report" group. Meanwhile I'll be burning the Crossroads Mylar 3 with my good old PC inboard AC97 output.. yuck.

Being in Lisbon I expect to get it from Germany during the next week... then let's see how it behaves with my 2 PCs as source (all I have right now) and the headphones I mentioned.

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #381 of 1,165
^^ Yeha, he replied too fast for me....so I went ahead and bought one...can't wait on it's arrival...I REALLY need a good HP amp...I'm amp and DAC-less!!!!

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #383 of 1,165
BTW, the move DAC is not good for movies since it only does 44.1 (16bit) and 48 (16bit) not 192 (24bit). That one comment made by onedigit about the computer interference is really making me think twice about getting this as a DAC. I still have my Audigy 2 zs notebook (great for movies and good for music) for movies.

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #384 of 1,165
What movie soundtrack has ever been done in 192/24, other than the few HD-DVD/Blu-Ray discs that are out?

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #385 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, the move DAC is not good for movies since it only does 44.1 (16bit) and 48 (16bit) not 192 (24bit). That one comment made by onedigit about the computer interference is really making me think twice about getting this as a DAC. I still have my Audigy 2 zs notebook (great for movies and good for music) for movies.

True enough. Do you know of a portable amp/DAC combo thats battery powered and does have a > 48 bit DAC? If its SQ is on par I'd like to audition it. Name/link to website is appreciated. Thanks!

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #386 of 1,165
I do not know of such a beast. I believe that most of these DAC are more music oriented (44.1 bit). I really want to get the corda move but $235 is alot of money for a newb like myself.
I would really like to hear from other users who are using the move dac whether they experience the computer interference that onedigit experienced.

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #387 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True enough. Do you know of a portable amp/DAC combo thats battery powered and does have a > 48 bit DAC? If its SQ is on par I'd like to audition it. Name/link to website is appreciated. Thanks!

If you're willing to break down and take USB power instead, then how about the Bloat from Hippo Hifi? Much better dac capabilities (doesn't use the cheap dac in a usb receiver chip, but rather a proper 24 bit, choice of opamps. I'm breaking one in now, but unfortunately have a QC problem possibly due to shipping damage (left channel occasionally drops, Hippo Hifi has agreed to repair or replace, of course) that may delay me from being able to do a proper review as soon as I'd like, but so far results are positive. Very clean. Far prefer it to my old Echo Indigo.

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #388 of 1,165
I have also ordered a corda move it will be here next week. I am interested in buying a Goldring Dr150. Will it sound good with corda move? Skylab I think you have also tested your dr150s with your corda move. Can you write your impressions, will this combination sound good? Does dr150 benefit from an amplification?

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #389 of 1,165
Will have to listen to that combo this weekend sometime. Haven't yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back