Meier Audio StageDAC
Nov 12, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #621 of 634
Quote:
wow... finally!
I am going to get the Classic + Daccord combo!

I am looking forward read to your comments. Did you order already? 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #622 of 634
Dear Headfellows,

pictures of the inside as well as some additional technical info now can be found on my website. Just click "technical details".

" wow... finally! "

Yes, this one really has taken a long time. Several parts had very long delivery time (still as a result of the Tsunami in Japan last year) and one part even no longer is available, requiring some major redesign. But I'm very pleased with the results!

:)

Jan

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #623 of 634
Looks very promising Jan!

Naturally DACCORD (clever name!) deserves its own thread, here.

I pointed out a few differences in the technical details of DACCORD and STAGEDAC.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #624 of 634
I have one question for StageDAC owners. When used with a laptop or a desktop (Mac), is it possible to have the volume control from the computer or once it's plugged in, the DAC takes over the entire volume business? 

I'm asking this because I have a slight hearing imbalance and I'd love to be able to control the output volume and tilt it to fit my hearing before the signal is fed to my amp. I hope this makes sense. I am able to do this with my little ODAC but not with any other "more expensive" DACs. Is there a software if the StageDAC is not capable of this? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #626 of 634
Yes, you can change lr balance with stagedac, at least with coax and optical. Don't about USB.

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #627 of 634
Quote:
Yes, you can change lr balance with stagedac, at least with coax and optical. Don't about USB.

I tried it with USB on my Mac and although it shows the bar, when I move it right to left no changes are being made. 

And I don't know how you can change to balance with coax and optical? On your computer? I don't have an optical out and am using MFace (USB to Coax converter) and with that it doesn't give me the option to balance left/right. So no luck so far. 

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #628 of 634
That's too bad. I use straight optical and straight coax. It could be a sound card issue, but I can change lr balance if the above conditions are true.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #629 of 634
Quote:
That's too bad. I use straight optical and straight coax. It could be a sound card issue, but I can change lr balance if the above conditions are true.

Straight optical and coax out of what exactly? 

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #630 of 634
I have two different sound cards that go to the Dac from two machines - one is just a stock mobo sound card, and the other is an old auzentech. I have custom lr balance on both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back