Meeting "The One"
Aug 19, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #46 of 52

Quote:
You never know, Bojamijams, she might have some other great qualities.

I usd to think similar interests would be ideal. It isn't.

I'd rather date (marry?) someone who is easy to get along with. I mean the really mundane stuff. For example, I'm a night person - slightly grouchy and sullen in the morning. I'd rather have someone who simply accepts that and doesn't take it personally. That's a lot more important than liking my favorite band. I don't care if she does or not.

A fair division of household duties is important, too. That actually worked well with Crazy Rita. She didn't like cleaning, but actually enjoyed laundry and ironing. I don't like laundry that much, so I scrubbed sinks, toilet, mopped, vacuumed, etc. Cooking/cleanup was usually altered 50/50 or done together. That worked.

All that stuff is really important. You actually have to live with someone.

Not quite on the same level, but that's why I'm nuts about the cat. I've had some that constantly demanded in/out, caused problems and were fussy about things. Mai Tai is almost effortless to have around. She doesn't break stuff, never wakes me up and keeps the same hours I do. She's easy to have around and we get along perfectly. (Yes, any girlfriend/wife will have to love cats.)

Very true. I used to think I would marry someone who's also a passionate musician, artist, writer, photographer, filmmaker--whatever--anything that resembled my passions in life. I dated girls who had those passions, and guess what? None worked out.

The woman who turned out to be "The One" didn't share any of my passions. Sure, she likes watching movies and listening to music and reading books, but she'd never call herself a passionate fan. She's passionate about gardening, health/beauty, and those are things that I could never be passionate about. But despite that, we share so much when it comes to common values and lifestyle. Neither of us thinks the other as haveing annoying habits we dislike, or personality traits we hate, or beliefs we don't share.

While she doesn't really understand the music I compose, she supports my efforts and is proud of me. She may not be a serious connoisseur of art, but she admires my artistic talent and expresses her thoughts on paintings that attract her. She may not be a film buff, but she can sit down and discuss plot and character development and pacing with me after watching a movie. So even though she doesn't share my passions, she's passionate about me, and because I'm passionate about creative endeavors, she respects and admires my talents and supports everything I do. If I want to talk shop, there are tons of online forums where I can go and talk shop all day long. I don't need my wife to be someone I can talk shop with.

Sometimes I wished she would play video games with me, but the truth is, if she was an avid gamer, a lot of housework would never get done and we'd be fighting for the controller, so maybe it's a good thing she's not a gamer. :p

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #47 of 52
Heh its really hard to meet girls at a concert.. conversing with anyone is really hard :)

But she does have other great qualities and like Uncle Erik said, really easy to get along with is important which she is.

I probably just need to grow up and stop hanging on to silly wishes. 

After all, life is what you get when your plans don't work out.

Quote:
You should probably start meeting girls at metal concerts, or only date female metal musicians/fans?

Aug 20, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #48 of 52

Quote:

The woman who turned out to be "The One" didn't share any of my passions. Sure, she likes watching movies and listening to music and reading books, but she'd never call herself a passionate fan. She's passionate about gardening, health/beauty, and those are things that I could never be passionate about. But despite that, we share so much when it comes to common values and lifestyle. Neither of us thinks the other as haveing annoying habits we dislike, or personality traits we hate, or beliefs we don't share.  

Same here. My gal doesn't really share any of my passions. She enjoys seeing my photos and sometimes even likes a song or two that I play but we don't share much when it comes to passions with one exception. We are both passionate about each other...although I feel I am more passionate than her in that area.
wink_face.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #50 of 52

Quote:

Same here. My gal doesn't really share any of my passions. She enjoys seeing my photos and sometimes even likes a song or two that I play but we don't share much when it comes to passions with one exception. We are both passionate about each other...although I feel I am more passionate than her in that area.
wink_face.gif

meow?... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back