Meet the Sennheiser IE 800 S

Tags:
First

Back
  1. Kramer01
  2. vnmslsrbms
    Hm... Not sure how they made it worse than the original? I have the originals still and use them at work. They sound great driven with enough power. The review doesn't say what they used. Driving from a cell phone it's normally pretty lackluster kinda like what was described. Curious though what the new vs old comparisons are. I couldn't really find a difference other than a different finish. In fact I find the original ceramic finish more attractive. Wonder if cable length etc has been resolved. They are cheaper looking than the originals too. What's going on Sennheiser?

3. crabdog
    I do not agree with the negative points in that review, except for the cable noise which is pretty severe. I'd suggest using a shirt clip if you're walking around with these.

But the sound is just incredible. I've never heard the original so I don't know how they compare but there are no noticeable peaks that I've come across yet with the 800 S. I would say buyers should be well pleased with what they hear.

My full review will be coming soon but is still a couple weeks away - have to clear some other content first.

Sennheiser likes this.
  4. catroni
    the only thing i dont like in the original ie800 is the sibilance (words with sss). an inprovement here would make them, for me, almost perfect earphones

First

Back