Meet the Sennheiser GSP 600 & GSP 500 Gaming Headsets
Mar 26, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #16 of 40
GPS600 after 11 months of use.
It is not reasonable that a product of this price suffers this. The two pads at the same time.
I'm waiting for support from Sennheiser Spain.
I have a Logitech g633 and after 2 years, they are perfect. You do not notice the use.

Left
IMG-3666.jpg

Right
IMG-3667.jpg

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #17 of 40
Anyone use the GSP 600 for CSGO? I'm tempted to pick up this and the GSX as a bundle for a decent price where I live!

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #18 of 40
Anyone use the GSP 600 for CSGO? I'm tempted to pick up this and the GSX as a bundle for a decent price where I live!

I use the GSP 500's for everything now. I love them, great for FPS gaming in general. As far as the GSX 1000 goes. I would pass it up. I dropped some cash on one not too long ago and it is trash. Low quality garbage. The surround effects are not any better than anything else out. I would suggest getting something like the Sound BlasterX G6. Much better sound quality as it has a pretty decent dac and of course the surround effects are on par with every other emulated surround feature on the market. Another note on tat GSX, I had to run my GSX with a Schitt Magni external AMP just to get adequate volume with the GSP 500 and the actual sound quality is no better than on-board garbage. Good luck whichever way you go. The GSP's are awesome though.

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 40
I use the GSP 500's for everything now. I love them, great for FPS gaming in general. As far as the GSX 1000 goes. I would pass it up. I dropped some cash on one not too long ago and it is trash. Low quality garbage. The surround effects are not any better than anything else out. I would suggest getting something like the Sound BlasterX G6. Much better sound quality as it has a pretty decent dac and of course the surround effects are on par with every other emulated surround feature on the market. Another note on tat GSX, I had to run my GSX with a Schitt Magni external AMP just to get adequate volume with the GSP 500 and the actual sound quality is no better than on-board garbage. Good luck whichever way you go. The GSP's are awesome though.
Cheers for the reply @Brushy! I'm moving to a headphone/Mic as opposed to my current setup where I use a desktop Microphone. I'm getting a lot of feedback regarding my keyboard and room noise, I only really play CSGO competitively and I can see the GSP fitting that purpose!

I might heed your advice on the GSX and just use my Jotunheim! CSGO sound engine has come a long way but I thought Sennheiser might have something special with their 7.1 surround engine, although that combo GSP/GSX on my desk would be more ideal and confined to gaming and other light workings.

If I get the GSP then I'll probably return with some thoughts!

Thank you!

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 40
At least for me, the GSX has plenty of volume, I use at about 38-40 for music, and 36 on games because I use a compressor with the equilizerAPO. Its a GSX1200 -> GSP500
Oh nice, do you use the 7.1 surround option much in game mate?

Also does the mic pick up much background noise i.e. keyboard strokes?

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 40
Oh nice, do you use the 7.1 surround option much in game mate?

Also does the mic pick up much background noise i.e. keyboard strokes?

Yes, all the time. To me it feels very natural, but at first it felt a bit weak, It was hard to hear footsteps without getting the gun shots too loud, but a good compressor plugin fixes that easily(https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/MJUC/MJUC.php). The mic is one of the best in its class, but confort wise the gsp500 is not so good for some people, I modded mine quite a bit, I also use the gsp600 pads.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #23 of 40
Yes, all the time. To me it feels very natural, but at first it felt a bit weak, It was hard to hear footsteps without getting the gun shots too loud, but a good compressor plugin fixes that easily(https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/MJUC/MJUC.php). The mic is one of the best in its class, but confort wise the gsp500 is not so good for some people, I modded mine quite a bit, I also use the gsp600 pads.
I hear this too about the comfort, I have a pair of HD6 Mix that I'm tempted to modmic up! But the GSP just looks like a one-n-done for me! 600 is closed, where the 500 is semi-open? And pads are different for each set?

I would love to hear what the GSX can do for me in CSGO, is there much depth to the audio positioning or is it just near or far for you? Do you use them for anything else i.e. music, media?

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #24 of 40
I hear this too about the comfort, I have a pair of HD6 Mix that I'm tempted to modmic up! But the GSP just looks like a one-n-done for me! 600 is closed, where the 500 is semi-open? And pads are different for each set?

I would love to hear what the GSX can do for me in CSGO, is there much depth to the audio positioning or is it just near or far for you? Do you use them for anything else i.e. music, media?

The pads are both compatible with the gsp500/gsp600. I cant say much about the depth as I use a compressor, I was not pleased with the GSX without it. But as long as I got the tunning right, no other headphone comes close on my experience, the GSP have a very clean spacial feel, normal headphones that you normaly use for music don't do this. And the GSP is also very good for music too.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #25 of 40
@volly You should google around about the GSX. There were plenty of threads/reviews/comments last year around the net on the GSX not outputting adequate volume. I'm sure it can be somewhat subjective as some people may have hearing loss and some may be sensitive. From my perspective you should really try testing the GSX out before purchasing. The surround is not any better than any other emulated surround out. The DAC on the GSX is horrible and there is no AMP in it even though it is marketed as an AMP. So it's just an expensive touch screen half-assed equalizer that emulates surround about as good as every other emulator. The GSP 500s do sound better if you throw more power at them, (I would assume the 600's are the same just closed back). I own 2 pair of the 500's and they are the same. Just like a decent pair of AKGs, they clean up with power. I'm not saying you need a big AMP. The standard 600ohm on many a soundcard is plenty. And for me personally, being an oldschool FPS player from way way back, sound quality is everything. Those tiny slight "gives" that no one else hears in game. That's not coming from a surround emulator my friend, that is the DAC. Without decent sound quality that surround emulation gets you nowhere. And for me, sitting here right now going back and forth between my GSX 1000 and my BlasterX G6 with the GSP 500s, the surround on the GSX is more like the Dolby Headphone surround (Heavy Reverb) when the Creative surround emulation sounds more natural to me. Some people prefer the Reverb sounding surround and some don't. I personally don't. So it boils down to your preference on surround emulation and if you care anything about the quality of sound you are hearing. This is why I really hope you can sample the device before purchasing. No matter, good luck whichever way you go!

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #26 of 40
@volly You should google around about the GSX. There were plenty of threads/reviews/comments last year around the net on the GSX not outputting adequate volume. I'm sure it can be somewhat subjective as some people may have hearing loss and some may be sensitive. From my perspective you should really try testing the GSX out before purchasing. The surround is not any better than any other emulated surround out. The DAC on the GSX is horrible and there is no AMP in it even though it is marketed as an AMP. So it's just an expensive touch screen half-assed equalizer that emulates surround about as good as every other emulator. The GSP 500s do sound better if you throw more power at them, (I would assume the 600's are the same just closed back). I own 2 pair of the 500's and they are the same. Just like a decent pair of AKGs, they clean up with power. I'm not saying you need a big AMP. The standard 600ohm on many a soundcard is plenty. And for me personally, being an oldschool FPS player from way way back, sound quality is everything. Those tiny slight "gives" that no one else hears in game. That's not coming from a surround emulator my friend, that is the DAC. Without decent sound quality that surround emulation gets you nowhere. And for me, sitting here right now going back and forth between my GSX 1000 and my BlasterX G6 with the GSP 500s, the surround on the GSX is more like the Dolby Headphone surround (Heavy Reverb) when the Creative surround emulation sounds more natural to me. Some people prefer the Reverb sounding surround and some don't. I personally don't. So it boils down to your preference on surround emulation and if you care anything about the quality of sound you are hearing. This is why I really hope you can sample the device before purchasing. No matter, good luck whichever way you go!
It is fair to write your opinion to help others. But let me chime in here. The GSX/GSP 500 combo is very capable for gaming. To me at least. I use it on a daily basis on The Division 2, Netro Exodus BFV and lots of other games. It is very good for this purpose. The handling is easy, no driver is reqired. A great example for plug and play. There is nothing wrong with is. And for sure it is loud enough for people without hearing damage. Sure you can buy a Creative device, or one from Asus.. go figure. Sometimes I use my big Sennheiser headphone amp connected to a decent dac. The I use the Dolby Atmos plugin and the Sennheiser HD800 in balanced mode. That is better, but doesn't have a mix and costs over 3K.

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #27 of 40
It is fair to write your opinion to help others. But let me chime in here. The GSX/GSP 500 combo is very capable for gaming. To me at least. I use it on a daily basis on The Division 2, Netro Exodus BFV and lots of other games. It is very good for this purpose. The handling is easy, no driver is reqired. A great example for plug and play. There is nothing wrong with is. And for sure it is loud enough for people without hearing damage. Sure you can buy a Creative device, or one from Asus.. go figure. Sometimes I use my big Sennheiser headphone amp connected to a decent dac. The I use the Dolby Atmos plugin and the Sennheiser HD800 in balanced mode. That is better, but doesn't have a mix and costs over 3K.

Hi, glad you like the setup. Nice opinion you have as well. I also have a few AMPs and DACs I use. Not going to start listing them for a measuring contest with you. However, the reason I named Creative and Asus was because of the comparison I was making with Surround sound. And Creative happens to have decent quality on the cheap right now compared to the others. I mean most people around here know you can throw endless money into audio, Volly seemed to be wanting to save some money instead. And if you are referring to Dolby Atmos Headphone, then I agree It does work well in some applications for surround, but not all. It also drops your source quality quite a bit. Doesn't it still auto change your settings to 16 bit 44khz or something like that? I was just trying to give the person some advice to help them get a quality setup without spending money on something that isn't really worth it. The main reason I say that Volly should try and sample the sound devices if at all possible. For me personally, having plug n play and a touch screen doesn't outweigh the lack of sound quality. What people do with this info is up to them. I just hope they like whatever they do. Regretting a purchase usually sucks. Cheers!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #28 of 40
Hi, glad you like the setup. Nice opinion you have as well. I also have a few AMPs and DACs I use. Not going to start listing them for a measuring contest with you. However, the reason I named Creative and Asus was because of the comparison I was making with Surround sound. And Creative happens to have decent quality on the cheap right now compared to the others. I mean most people around here know you can throw endless money into audio, Volly seemed to be wanting to save some money instead. And if you are referring to Dolby Atmos Headphone, then I agree It does work well in some applications for surround, but not all. It also drops your source quality quite a bit. Doesn't it still auto change your settings to 16 bit 44khz or something like that? I was just trying to give the person some advice to help them get a quality setup without spending money on something that isn't really worth it. The main reason I say that Volly should try and sample the sound devices if at all possible. For me personally, having plug n play and a touch screen doesn't outweigh the lack of sound quality. What people do with this info is up to them. I just hope they like whatever they do. Regretting a purchase usually sucks. Cheers!
Atmos falls back to standard Dolby headphone if there is no Atmos encoded. I think for gaming the redbook standard 44khz/16bit is just perfect. Only one game I came across so far brought me 30GB of High Res audio files and that is Titan Fall 1. But maybe I missed some.

Aug 23, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #29 of 40
Atmos falls back to standard Dolby headphone if there is no Atmos encoded. I think for gaming the redbook standard 44khz/16bit is just perfect. Only one game I came across so far brought me 30GB of High Res audio files and that is Titan Fall 1. But maybe I missed some.

Pretty sure that for the last 3 to 4 years the standard for triple-A titles has been 24 bit. That being said I realize fully that most games aren't triple-a titles. And CSGO in particular is 16 bit 44khz if I'm not mistaken.

On another note. Have you ever checked out the programs Equalizer APO & HeSuVi? Use those together and you can pretty much check out a lot of current emulated surround technologies. I found the software-emulated-GSX to be pretty accurate to the actual GSX device. Only real difference is you'll find a bit more depth on the actual device than you do from the software. Definitely not a 1:1 accuracy of all the surround techs out but it is a good place to get an idea of what you'll be hearing from said device. Good way to figure out if you like reverb-heavy surround or not. @volly might want to check that out if they haven't already.

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #30 of 40

Hi Volly, thanks for your interest in the GSP headsets and the GSX 1000!
The GSX 1000 (and 1200) was designed with the requirements of the GSP and Game series headsets in mind, and will have adequate power to drive them at safe and loud volumes. There are no drivers to install for the GSX 1000, but it does show up in Windows as two devices, one for communications and one for "speakers" (headphones or speaker out). We have had customers in the past have Windows select the communications channel for all the audio output, which was optimized for voice and limits the quality and volume of full-range output. If you run into any issues or need some assistance with setup, contact our support team here:
http://www.sennheiser.com/contact-center

We worked hard to create a surround DSP that can convincingly sound "out of your head" when fed 7.1 surround from a game, and we hope you have a great experience!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back