MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jun 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #121 of 549
Did the BA not make it? I havent seen any pictures or heard any impressions  about it.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #123 of 549
Well, I'm sorry it's over!  I had a great time today - but today I spent much more time talking to people than listening.  I did, however, bring my vinyl rig, as promised, and people seemed to dig it:

JVLGato enjoys some Dire Straits at 33 1/3:

SoupRKnowa, Spritzer, Duggeh, JVLGato, and Duggeh:

Uncle Erik, and yours truly:

I spent a bunch of time with the HE-6.  There are two versions, and neither are the final, which will be somewhere in between the two.  Both versions sounded very good, although I had a preference for one of them, which several other folks did not share
biggrin.gif
  They do look like the HE-5 on the outside EXCEPT the housing is black leather covered, VERY cool:

The final raffle and end of show - a good crowd:

This was a great event.  Thanks again to the Chicago organizing crew - you guys did a terrific job.  Thank you so much!

It was great to see all my Chicago head-fi buddies again - looking forward to the next meet.  It was so nice to meet so many head-fiers from other places - Boomana, Uncle Erik, KWKarth, Thread, SoupRKnowa, BoilermakerFan - it was great chatting with you guys.  Spritzer, Duggeh, Drew, Todd, Fang, and Jude - nice to have a brief chat with you gents as well - wish we'd had more time.  Edwoon, NikonGod, SWT61, and so many others whose screennames I forgot and who I met just very briefly - it was nice to meet so many great folks.  Apologies if I forgot anyone!

Such a great meet - wish I had had more time!

X

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #124 of 549
wow,some great pics and what a cute son you have skylab!   i hope you are really enjoying there in can jam,oh.. i wish i could make it from israel one day
frown.gif
   anyway,thanks a lot for the impressions and waiting for more!

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #125 of 549

Quote:
Thanks for all the pics and impressions! Did anyone try the T1 powered by a Headroom Desktop Ultra?

I did, actually, and was a little surprised how good it sounded - it was an excellent pairing.  I have not heard Headroom gear in a long time - and I came away impressed.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #126 of 549

Quote:

well I can tell you one person who has made their choice - 1 week after Kabeer got his LCD2, this pops up on the bay ..... can't be coincidence 
very_evil_smiley.gif

..dB

1 week after the Audez'e, my 800 was kicked to the curb, so I can relate. You should hear them after a month
bigsmile_face.gif
....no "kickers" remorse.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #127 of 549
I saw the measurements that Tyll made at the show of the LCD-2 - exceptionally flat from 20 Hz to 1 kHz, and then smoothly falling response below that - so that 20 kHz was significantly down versus the 1kHz level,  There were no major peaks.  Smooth, but definitely downward-sloping.

I also thought the LCD-2 sounded good on the Cavalli Liquid Fire, but I did not think that sounded better than they do on my Leben - in fact I think the Leben is better with the LCD-2.  JMO, of course.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #128 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab  
" I saw the measurements that Tyll made at the show of the LCD-2 - exceptionally flat from 20 Hz to 1 kHz, and then smoothly falling response below that - so that 20 kHz was significantly down versus the 1kHz level,  There were no major peaks.  Smooth, but definitely downward-sloping.
I also thought the LCD-2 sounded good on the Cavalli Liquid Fire, but I did not think that sounded better than they do on my Leben - in fact I think the Leben is better with the LCD-2.  JMO, of course."

Hi, can you be a little more specific about the downward curve above 1 kHz? How far is the rolloff? 3-5-10 db? More? Less? You said it was smooth, but is a steep?

Any info would be great. Thanks!

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #130 of 549

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab  
" I saw the measurements that Tyll made at the show of the LCD-2 - exceptionally flat from 20 Hz to 1 kHz, and then smoothly falling response below that - so that 20 kHz was significantly down versus the 1kHz level,  There were no major peaks.  Smooth, but definitely downward-sloping.
I also thought the LCD-2 sounded good on the Cavalli Liquid Fire, but I did not think that sounded better than they do on my Leben - in fact I think the Leben is better with the LCD-2.  JMO, of course."

Hi, can you be a little more specific about the downward curve above 1 kHz? How far is the rolloff? 3-5-10 db? More? Less? You said it was smooth, but is a steep?

Any info would be great. Thanks!

Let's discuss it in the LCD-2 thread
wink_face.gif

Quote:
nice vinyl rig - I always liked the look of denons turntables :)

Thanks man - I had it paired with the RSA F-117 Nighthawk - sounded great.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #132 of 549

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry it's over!  I had a great time today - but today I spent much more time talking to people than listening. 

Great post.  It was great seeing that pic of yourself, Uncle Eric and those other pics featuring your son.  Thanks a million for that personal touch.  It's an incredible breath of fresh air and a welcome change from the handles and avatars. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #133 of 549
I took more pictures today, around 65-70! Changed my Picasa link, so the earlier links won't work, updated the earlier post though.

Very good fun talking with Craig and Drew, also with Jerry! Also fun to talk with Skylab and other members! (doubt Skylab remembers me, I hardly talk, I normally listen quietly... )

Will post link to my album when I have finished uploading and captioning!

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #134 of 549
Superfrag you were in the Lindberg tables room with us, right?  I remembered your real name, but not your screen-name (assuming that's you)
biggrin.gif

Your pics are great by the way...other than the one of me looking at my turntable with the headphones only half on my head
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back