MEElectronics Thread!!!
Oct 17, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #257 of 386
the cc51s consistently fall apart so be careful!

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #259 of 386
After some testing with A161P, I can say they deserve like 150$ for the whole package. Packing was sleek and flashy, Design, look, comfort, isolation- all are just great. The most comfortable IEM Ive tried till now. Accessories are just top notch. SQ is great too, strong performer in mids and vocals. Treble is good too with bright and good detailing. Lacks punching bass or bass in quantity but enough quality in it. Those who like guitar riffs and solos, these are just perfect. They certainly exceeded my expectations for a Balanced Armature. With a bit neutral touch in it, SQ is just mind-blowing for a BA.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #260 of 386
After some testing with A161P, I can say they deserve like 150$ for the whole package. Packing was sleek and flashy, Design, look, comfort, isolation- all are just great. The most comfortable IEM Ive tried till now. Accessories are just top notch. SQ is great too, strong performer in mids and vocals. Treble is good too with bright and good detailing. Lacks punching bass or bass in quantity but enough quality in it. Those who like guitar riffs and solos, these are just perfect. They certainly exceeded my expectations for a Balanced Armature. With a bit neutral touch in it, SQ is just mind-blowing for a BA.

The A161p is a nice little IEM but the $100 price point they're at is just right. There's quite a few really good IEM's at $150 like the BA200, R-50 (which is only $120), RE262 and a few others and I don't think the A161p is as good as thoughs are.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #261 of 386
Quote:
the cc51s consistently fall apart so be careful!

I found this out the hard way. Mine pulled apart at the joint between the ceramic and metal around the driver. Nevertheless they are still one of my favorite IEM's. And since they were still under warranty Mike at MEElec has taken good care of me.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #263 of 386
I'd like to have my first post over here.

I have been using Mee M6 now and I have no complaints about it.

I love the sound signature, fit and the tips supplied by Mee.

I love the Customer Service, Thank you Mike for assisting me. The store had mine replaced with a brand new one when I discovered cracks on the left shell of my M6s.

I also had the A151, but to my despise, I love the clarity and preciseness but it lacks bass. Truly, it's coming out of a single BA.

Maybe the clarity of A151 plus the M6 would do the job for me... 

Thanks again MeElectronics!

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #265 of 386
Quote:
Just ordered the A161Ps, I hope they are good. Any comments about them?

They are good, there have been quite a few reviews for them.  Sweet sound, some say Shure-like :wink:  So warm and sweet would be a good descriptor for them.  

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #267 of 386
Quote:
Should be interesting, because "warm and sweet" never seems to be associated with BA drivers. 

Shures are described as warm and sweet all the time...  Etymotics can be described as sweet as well.  The Dunu Ares (BA IEM) is described as warm and sweet too...  They are, and can be.  I would describe the A151 having the same general signature as well as the ADDIEM.  

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #268 of 386
Ok, well thats even better then, when I get them I will see. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #269 of 386
Meelectronic M6: Honestly I don't like them, I never understand the fuzz about those: the diaphragm makes a weird sound every time i put them inside the canal. I associate that sound to cheap headphones and it is quite difficult to find a good fit. (Fortunately I got a small collection from older IE Ms). They sound OK for the price and they seems to be durable.

Meelectronics A151: I found them really fun to listen. Some people complain about how unbalanced they sound, but I don't think its a big deal. Clear and precise notes. For 50 bucks they are a good deal

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #270 of 386
Quote:
Meelectronic M6: Honestly I don't like them, I never understand the fuzz about those: the diaphragm makes a weird sound every time i put them inside the canal. I associate that sound to cheap headphones and it is quite difficult to find a good fit. (Fortunately I got a small collection from older IE Ms). They sound OK for the price and they seems to be durable.

Meelectronics A151: I found them really fun to listen. Some people complain about how unbalanced they sound, but I don't think its a big deal. Clear and precise notes. For 50 bucks they are a good deal

The sound you are getting inserting the M6 is driver flex.  It's associated with a lot of headphones, good and bad; it has nothing to do with price.  As for sound, the sound isn't the best, but it's not the worst.  The A151 is actually quite balanced.  You should give the A161 a try :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back