MEElectronics Thread!!!
Feb 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #151 of 386
I have a pair of M6p coming this Thursday and I'm looking into possibly getting the CC51's.  I listen to music a lot throughout the day so they will be put through somewhat vigorous use.  I do hope that they hold up but if they don't, at least they didn't cost me a significant amount like some higher end models.  If they do crap out under a year, I will most definitely look for a better (possibly more expensive) pair of headphones that have clarity and a full, rich sound like my HT set-up, lol!

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #152 of 386
even though i have my share of complaints with the cc51s build, i don't think that they would purposefully create an inferior product and continue to uphold their warranty so well and for so long, that just isn't very good business practice, unless the majority of consumers just have their headphones break and never bother to do anything about it. i know that from the amount of cc51s i have sent to them, i think that they are no longer manufacturing the black cc51s anymore

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #153 of 386

Quote:
Honestly, I am losing interest in Mee. Their IEM's aren't holding well at all.  I have had 6-7 ( I don't even remember ) of their products fail on me, none of them lasting more then a month. 

They put out extremely quality sound with excellent value. 

However, I am suspicious of their driver qualities. Each time, the earphones broke from the driver, never from the cable or the actual housing. I tried using different sources, with much lower volumes with no prevail. 

What I am suspecting, ( I hope it isn't true ) Is that Me Electronics put in drivers that sound good, but won't last long . While giving it a metal housing and a teflon cable, making it look durable. 
This may be very cheap to do this, thanks to the (possibly) very cheap drivers.  This may explain their excellent value, and their endless supply of replacements without going bankrupt. 

I love MeElectronics and their customer service, but they are starting to get a little shady in my eyes...

Hopefully I am just crazy and delusional.
blink.gif

Its hard to get good,cheap & long lasting are rarely mentioned in the same sentence. I hope your observation is wrong as I would hate to see my M6 go belly up. I am also looking at the SoundMagic E30 as its getting quite a number of good reviews, however I would rationalize that it falls into the same category as M6. The one thing I like about Meelectronics apart from their relatively cheap IEM's is the hard casing that comes with it. Rest are now giving out soft pouches in their new generation budget IEM's such as SoundMagic.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #154 of 386
Anyone got an idea when the S6 will be out?

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #159 of 386
Feb 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #161 of 386
I wouldn't be surprised if they just sounded the same as the M6. The fact that it comes with an armband case is really good thinking on MEElec's part, the S6 may just end my search for good gym/running IEM's.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #163 of 386
I wouldn't be surprised if they just sounded the same as the M6. The fact that it comes with an armband case is really good thinking on MEElec's part, the S6 may just end my search for good gym/running IEM's.

They should sound very similar. MEE said they are using the same driver so the only difference in sound would be caused by the new filter.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #164 of 386

Quote:
They should sound very similar. MEE said they are using the same driver so the only difference in sound would be caused by the new filter.

If the new filter would tame a little of the slightly harsh highs of the M6, that'd be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back