MEElectronics Thread!!!
Feb 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #138 of 386

Quote:
So they're better or worse? lol

Besides Amazon, would you know where I could get a good deal on the CC51's?

Depends on what sound you like.  If it wasn't for the fit, I definitely would love the A151s over the CC51s.  Overall, I do believe the A151s present a more balanced and accurate sound while the CC51s proved more of the deep V.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #139 of 386

Quote:
^if i were you, no doubt, ill choose the cc51 over the a151.

Quote:
Depends on what sound you like.  If it wasn't for the fit, I definitely would love the A151s over the CC51s.  Overall, I do believe the A151s present a more balanced and accurate sound while the CC51s proved more of the deep V.

Thanks guys!  Appreciate the comments and suggestions!

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #142 of 386
Same one has phone controls

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #143 of 386
i think i would choose the a151 over the cc51 because i like the over the ear design, and the sound, though slightly harsh in the midrange, is decent and the build seemed to be much better than the cc51 for the month that i had it...before i lost it

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #144 of 386

Quote:
i think i would choose the a151 over the cc51 because i like the over the ear design, and the sound, though slightly harsh in the midrange, is decent and the build seemed to be much better than the cc51 for the month that i had it...before i lost it

The fit I had made the harshness in the midrange an actual resonance that hurt my ear.  I couldn't fix the fit either, so I couldn't take them.  Everything else about them was great though.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #145 of 386

Quote:
The fit I had made the harshness in the midrange an actual resonance that hurt my ear.  I couldn't fix the fit either, so I couldn't take them.  Everything else about them was great though.

oh, i was using the ear rapers because i had lost the mediums so the resonance could very well attributed to the extension in the nozzle, but i am not studying engineering at all and barely know anything about waves, other than what ive learned in a couple of diff. eq. classes, to substantiate this

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #146 of 386
I purchased a M6 a month ago, its undergone burn in for at least 50 hours. The sound quality seems to be getting more bassy with time, and this isnt the nice tight kind of base but more of the wobbly and uncontrolled bass. Anyone else facing this problem?

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #147 of 386

Quote:
oh, i was using the ear rapers because i had lost the mediums so the resonance could very well attributed to the extension in the nozzle, but i am not studying engineering at all and barely know anything about waves, other than what ive learned in a couple of diff. eq. classes, to substantiate this

Physical resonance could be caused by the extended nozzle, but that would mean everyone would hear the resonance (not just harshness).  Another cause of resonance would be the distance the sound wave had to travel before it hit your eardrum.  If that distance was perfect for that specific frequency (range; small), then you'd get resonance.  I think that's what it is with me; especially considering it never went away.

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #148 of 386
Honestly, I am losing interest in Mee. Their IEM's aren't holding well at all.  I have had 6-7 ( I don't even remember ) of their products fail on me, none of them lasting more then a month. 

They put out extremely quality sound with excellent value. 

However, I am suspicious of their driver qualities. Each time, the earphones broke from the driver, never from the cable or the actual housing. I tried using different sources, with much lower volumes with no prevail. 

What I am suspecting, ( I hope it isn't true ) Is that Me Electronics put in drivers that sound good, but won't last long . While giving it a metal housing and a teflon cable, making it look durable. 
This may be very cheap to do this, thanks to the (possibly) very cheap drivers.  This may explain their excellent value, and their endless supply of replacements without going bankrupt. 

I love MeElectronics and their customer service, but they are starting to get a little shady in my eyes...

Hopefully I am just crazy and delusional.
blink.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #150 of 386
Honestly, I am losing interest in Mee. Their IEM's aren't holding well at all.  I have had 6-7 ( I don't even remember ) of their products fail on me, none of them lasting more then a month. 

They put out extremely quality sound with excellent value. 

However, I am suspicious of their driver qualities. Each time, the earphones broke from the driver, never from the cable or the actual housing. I tried using different sources, with much lower volumes with no prevail. 

What I am suspecting, ( I hope it isn't true ) Is that Me Electronics put in drivers that sound good, but won't last long . While giving it a metal housing and a teflon cable, making it look durable. 
This may be very cheap to do this, thanks to the (possibly) very cheap drivers.  This may explain their excellent value, and their endless supply of replacements without going bankrupt. 

I love MeElectronics and their customer service, but they are starting to get a little shady in my eyes...

Hopefully I am just crazy and delusional.:blink:

Seems like the number of complaints about their IEM's are growing. You would expect that with more people buying them than before, but it still seems out of proportion. I wonder if the quality of their recent IEM's have gone down? Because I have both an M6 and M9P that are over a year and a half old now and still kicking. I do not believe I have ever lost a pair because of driver failure. I have lost a few because of shorts (especially the P models). Out of curiosity, which models have you had problems with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back