MEElectronics Thread!!!
Jan 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #106 of 386

Quote:
seems a lot smoother than the a151. it still retains, from what it looks like, too much bass body for a BA, but i just hope the midrange isn't going to be nearly as sibilant

The curve actually looks good, like the A151's curve, which I've grown to like a lot, the bass body does a lot for it.  The curve reminds me most of the Etymotic curve, just without the pop at the 2k mark.

Jan 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #107 of 386

Quote:
The curve actually looks good, like the A151's curve, which I've grown to like a lot, the bass body does a lot for it.  The curve reminds me most of the Etymotic curve, just without the pop at the 2k mark.

i've only imagined what the A151 curve looks like, do u have an actual graph?

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #109 of 386

Quote:
I had to write it somewhere but no other place better than this.

I am impressed by their service. It seems the parcel sent to me is lost. It was without tracking number (I didn't know that until later). Mailed them after 1 month about the same. Mike replied that I should wait for a couple of weeks and let him know the fate of parcel after that.

Mailed him yesterday that I didn't receive parcel yet, inquired about the same in post office but to no avail. Mike's reply was prompt and he offered to ship a replacement package. That was really nice on their part as it is certainly not in their control to ensure the delivery of parcel without tracking number. Anyway, I declined the offer for obvious reason (will keep in mind to add traceable shipping next time).

Definitely looking forward to more purchases from MEElectronics. 

I'm doing the same thing here. Mike has basically set my loyalty for MEElec in stone. When I think of amazing customer service and great warranty, Logitech usually comes to mind -- exchanging my slowly-dying G500 was painless and I had to go without my mouse for hardly a day. But now I'm going to think of MEElec first -- I was gifted the CC51 and then I accidentally broke it, so I was afraid I might have trouble with the warranty process (no proof of purchase), but I was sent a new pair and a free shipping label for the return at the same time -- I hardly had to go a day without my music, although I did have to burn in the new pair for a while. And now I've gone through their warranty process (aka, emailing Mike) again for the same pair (because I'm clumsy and reckless), and he has been nothing less than fabulous in making sure I had my sound. MEElec stands by their products and their customers, so much that a less-than-vocal person like me is actively advocating a small company. Cheers!

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #110 of 386

Quote:

I'm doing the same thing here. Mike has basically set my loyalty for MEElec in stone. When I think of amazing customer service and great warranty, Logitech usually comes to mind -- exchanging my slowly-dying G500 was painless and I had to go without my mouse for hardly a day. But now I'm going to think of MEElec first -- I was gifted the CC51 and then I accidentally broke it, so I was afraid I might have trouble with the warranty process (no proof of purchase), but I was sent a new pair and a free shipping label for the return at the same time -- I hardly had to go a day without my music, although I did have to burn in the new pair for a while. And now I've gone through their warranty process (aka, emailing Mike) again for the same pair (because I'm clumsy and reckless), and he has been nothing less than fabulous in making sure I had my sound. MEElec stands by their products and their customers, so much that a less-than-vocal person like me is actively advocating a small company. Cheers!

MEE definitely is gonna' be known for doing customer service right.  Another company that also comes to mind for me in terms of CS is *gulp* Apple. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #111 of 386

Quote:
MEE definitely is gonna' be known for doing customer service right.  Another company that also comes to mind for me in terms of CS is *gulp* Apple. 

The problem with MEElec is that their products in general are known to have bad build. Apple at least have the solidness of their DAPs and computers backing them up.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #112 of 386

Quote:
The problem with MEElec is that their products in general are known to have bad build. Apple at least have the solidness of their DAPs and computers backing them up.

That I'm going to have to agree with. While I used their M6 for a century and day (aka more or less two years) their CC51s have broken on me for one reason or another... but they sound nice and they've been replaced every single time, so I shan't complain much =]

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #113 of 386

Quote:
That I'm going to have to agree with. While I used their M6 for a century and day (aka more or less two years) their CC51s have broken on me for one reason or another... but they sound nice and they've been replaced every single time, so I shan't complain much =]

Funny. Their M6's have self destructed every time. I'm holding onto two dead ones right now! 

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #114 of 386
My M6 is about a year and half old and still kicking with no sign of slowing down. I gave my brother a M6P and it shorted out in under a year. My mom who was destroying a pair of Apple earbuds every other month has been using the M6 I gave her for over a year now with no issues. I think the problem with MEElectronics is quality control. There are a lot of duds on the shelves. It is just a hit or miss thing. That said, their CS make that lesser issue. The CC51 though is an exception, great sound, but really needed a better design.

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #115 of 386

Quote:
My M6 is about a year and half old and still kicking with no sign of slowing down. I gave my brother a M6P and it shorted out in under a year. My mom who was destroying a pair of Apple earbuds every other month has been using the M6 I gave her for over a year now with no issues. I think the problem with MEElectronics is quality control. There are a lot of duds on the shelves. It is just a hit or miss thing. That said, their CS make that lesser issue. The CC51 though is an exception, great sound, but really needed a better design.

Problem is they're not the ones doing quality control, the factories are. I think the only reason why they could send so many replacements without going bankrupt is because they're selling their products at several times the manufacturing cost.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #116 of 386
Have an M6-CL paired with my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ I use exclusively for my workouts which involve both weights and stationary bike. I cannot think of a better workout combo in terms of sound, durability, comfort and value. Bought my M6 from Ebay for $14 including shipping. What a deal. And they include a carrying case. Take that Head Direct.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #117 of 386

Problem is they're not the ones doing quality control, the factories are. I think the only reason why they could send so many replacements without going bankrupt is because they're selling their products at several times the manufacturing cost.

Undoubtedly. But then so does just about company with headphones in that price bracket. MEElectronics just has the good CS to back theirs up.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #118 of 386

Quote:
Undoubtedly. But then so does just about company with headphones in that price bracket. MEElectronics just has the good CS to back theirs up.

Speaking of which, I've read about some guy whose A151s broke in 5-6 months. I've had mine since December, and the logos and L R labels are already fading away. It's not the housing that I'm worried about though - it's the cable, which seems to be unraveling.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #119 of 386
Speaking of which, I've read about some guy whose A151s broke in 5-6 months. I've had mine since December, and the logos and L R labels are already fading away. It's not the housing that I'm worried about though - it's the cable, which seems to be unraveling.

Yeah, I saw that post. The logos wore off mine quick too. Actually, I just sped the process up after I noticed what was happening. Does not hurt anything really. I was skeptical of the cable at first, but after making the A151 my primary beaters (which means they are always in my jeans pockets wherever I go without a case usually) and seeing little wear after 6 months use I stopped worrying about it. The only problem I have noticed is the cable seems to have developed a few kinks where the braiding is no longer perfect. You cannot see them, only feel them when you run your hand down the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back