MEElectronics Thread!!!
Dec 13, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #80 of 386
Jan 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #82 of 386
Why a flat rectangular shape? Is it 'cause of dual BA's? I can imagine that this isn't going to be very comfortable for some people...

Edit: Nevermind... they said that "It uses a single full-range BA driver per side." They also said that they aren't using a Knowles TWFK and are aiming for the more balanced sound signature that appeals to a broader audience.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #83 of 386
Hi mbamg! :)

I utterly love that shape! Due to the shape of my ear canals, phones with "bullet" shape fit much better, and I think that most people benefit from that kind of shape because it allows deep insertion if needed (like me) but can be used with shallow insertion.

Just my opinion and personal taste, of course, but Meelec have made my ideal headphone... again!

Let's see the price tag, I may end up ordering a pair... even though I don't need them 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #84 of 386

Quote:
Hi mbamg! :)

I utterly love that shape! Due to the shape of my ear canals, phones with "bullet" shape fit much better, and I think that most people benefit from that kind of shape because it allows deep insertion if needed (like me) but can be used with shallow insertion.

Just my opinion and personal taste, of course, but Meelec have made my ideal headphone... again!

Let's see the price tag, I may end up ordering a pair... even though I don't need them 
rolleyes.gif

What I'm worrying about is that the earpiece would be too wide to insert for deeper insertion. As these are BA IEMs if you can't get a decent fit then they're useless for you.

I'd also like to know where the angled nozzles are.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #85 of 386
Hi!

Quote:
What I'm worrying about is that the earpiece would be too wide to insert for deeper insertion. As these are BA IEMs if you can't get a decent fit then they're useless for you.

I'd also like to know where the angled nozzles are.

I agree, from the photo is difficult to know if they are wide or not. I interpret that they are slim, like the M11+, and that would be perfect! In that case I prefer not to have angled nozzles because that way I can wear them over the ear. If they are NOT slim, then by all means I would like to have angled (and preferably, slim and long) nozzles and wear them cable-down.

In any case, difficult to know without additional photos or having them at hand.

I also wonder about sound. From the name, these should be superior to the A151, but I don't know if the "upgrade" means better armatures, same armature with different tuning, etc.

They seem interesting enough to try them if the price tag is not very high, although to be sincere I was expecting a dual BA for the A151 upgrade.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #88 of 386

Quote:
Hi!

I agree, from the photo is difficult to know if they are wide or not. I interpret that they are slim, like the M11+, and that would be perfect! In that case I prefer not to have angled nozzles because that way I can wear them over the ear. If they are NOT slim, then by all means I would like to have angled (and preferably, slim and long) nozzles and wear them cable-down.

In any case, difficult to know without additional photos or having them at hand.

I also wonder about sound. From the name, these should be superior to the A151, but I don't know if the "upgrade" means better armatures, same armature with different tuning, etc.

They seem interesting enough to try them if the price tag is not very high, although to be sincere I was expecting a dual BA for the A151 upgrade.

The strain relief is too long for the A161s to be worn over-ears without putting strain on the cord (unless you have guides). I expect these to be worn straight-down. The earpiece also doesn't look like it was designed for deep insertion. A full-range BA is quite ambitious, but so far MEElec has succeeded in offering bang-for-buck IEMs, so I hope that this will rival dual-BA setups. My guess is that this will be in the $100-120 range. I wonder if it's targeting the Brainwavz B2...

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #89 of 386

Quote:
The strain relief is too long for the A161s to be worn over-ears without putting strain on the cord (unless you have guides). I expect these to be worn straight-down. The earpiece also doesn't look like it was designed for deep insertion. A full-range BA is quite ambitious, but so far MEElec has succeeded in offering bang-for-buck IEMs, so I hope that this will rival dual-BA setups. My guess is that this will be in the $100-120 range. I wonder if it's targeting the Brainwavz B2...

They are intended to be worn over the ear, MEE worte it in their facebook in the comments under the A161P's picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back